Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino size 5 in a rare color

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
2rd9ite.jpg

This Borsalino is in my opinion a pre WWII hat sold in Zagreb - Croatia
It is very difficult to have the right color, so it is in natural light and under flash studio equipment
2drhymx.jpg

It was sold by Andrija Mutafelijia - Zagreb
f9qmaq.jpg

Now the puzzle: it is marked 6 size (7 3/8 US) but is a 5 (7 US) (internal measurements are 16x19.3 cm) and the liner is the one you see on the Borsalino sold in East Europe before the war
513fw1.jpg

Here the whole interior
2yx3k3s.jpg

3356p2w.jpg

It has contrasting binding as you see
30ruz2d.jpg

Sweatband is 5.5 cm.
1feqzs.jpg

sl71aq.jpg

Measurements are: trimmed brim 5 cm. and crown open is 12 cm.
The hat is in excellent conditions for the age. No faults
No paper label for color and type
I cleaned it a bit with distilled water, steam and shampoo for leather sweatband
The price is $80 plus shippin $40
Take a look to a rare Borsalino in a very subtle blue or azure

2rd9ite.jpg

It is very difficult to have the right color, so it is in natural light and under flash studio equipment
2drhymx.jpg

f9qmaq.jpg

Now the puzzle: it is marked 6 size (7 3/8 US) but is a 5 (7 US) (internal measurements are 16x19.3 cm) and the liner is the one you see on the Borsalino sold in East Europe before the war
513fw1.jpg

Here the whole interior
2yx3k3s.jpg

3356p2w.jpg

30ruz2d.jpg

Sweatband is 5.5 cm.
1feqzs.jpg

sl71aq.jpg

I cleaned it a bit with distilled water, steam and shampoo for leather sweatband

Are you sure you can part with this one, Daniele? Somebody quick is going to get a very nice hat!

AbridgedPause

One of the Regulars
When you say pre-WWII, you mean pre-US entering WWII (1941) or pre-Italy joining forces with Germany (1936)? Has a "Pre-WWII" era been established for Borsalinos?

Very nice hat though!!!!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Are you sure you can part with this one, Daniele? Somebody quick is going to get a very nice hat!
Yes Charlie. I hoped it was my size, but it is tight and now it is a component of WW (Without Wear) sored in big boxes
I hope someone will hear your invitation

Indeed. That color is great.
The color is great and rare for a Borsalino, as the fact it was sold in a east country then closed to the West world for many years

When you say pre-WWII, you mean pre-US entering WWII (1941) or pre-Italy joining forces with Germany (1936)? Has a "Pre-WWII" era been established for Borsalinos?

Very nice hat though!!!!
The war for Italy started the 10 June 1940, so from that date the economy, social life and borders started to change, so the pre war for Italians started the 10 june 1940
Zagreb was in Croatia and it was in the date above part of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia then it was,from 1941, an allied of Axis Powers

Thanks Alan!"

2rd9ite.jpg

2drhymx.jpg

f9qmaq.jpg

513fw1.jpg

Here the whole interior
2yx3k3s.jpg

3356p2w.jpg

30ruz2d.jpg

Sweatband is 5.5 cm.
1feqzs.jpg

sl71aq.jpg

You sure have been getting some simply stunning hats.......and what really gets me is they are all like new!!!!
Simply wonderful!!!
M

2rd9ite.jpg

2drhymx.jpg

f9qmaq.jpg

513fw1.jpg

Here the whole interior
2yx3k3s.jpg

3356p2w.jpg

30ruz2d.jpg

Sweatband is 5.5 cm.
1feqzs.jpg

sl71aq.jpg

It is a gorgeous piece, Daniele. And the colour is outstanding. I might be persuaded to let my brim width preferences go for this one....

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
You sure have been getting some simply stunning hats.......and what really gets me is they are all like new!!!!
Simply wonderful!!!
M
Mark, sometimes in a deal, it is advisable to take advantage of the offers.
I have accumulated a good amount of hats, especially Italian, which are interesting and new or almost.
In the coming months they will arrive here at the showing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy