Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Borsalino Thirty size 7 1/2 on Ebay

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Well, it's finally up for sale, listed on eBay here.

Borsalino-30-6.jpg

Originally I had planned to list it here first, but decided to roll the dice instead in hopes of getting one of those outrageous prices for it. :D Of course, with the unpredictability of eBay it could go the other way, and someone might get an amazing hat for a steal. You never know!

Regards,
Tom

mingoslim

Practically Family
Unpredictability is right . . .

Tango Yankee said:
Of course, with the unpredictability of eBay it could go the other way, and someone might get an amazing hat for a steal. You never know!

I bought a Borso a year ago on the bay for $25.00 . . . turned out to be a tad tight (7 1/4, but normally I can stretch that onto my 7 3/8 head . . . this one just wouldn't go) . . .

So I gave it to Mrs. Slim to sell . . . It sold for $250.00 . . . 2 months after I bought it for $25.00 . . .

Go figure . . . not that I am complaining . . . I bought my VS Route 66 with the profits, and Mrs. Slim couldn't really complain ;)

But I think this beauty should earn top dollar . . .

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Well, it didn't go for an insane top dollar amount, but it did go for a reasonable price--actually, for just under the original amount I'd planned to advertise it for here before I told my wife about the high-dollar hats that sold recently. There's just no telling what's going to happen on ebay!

Thanks for your interest, and thanks to those that bid on it.

Regards,
Tom

PhilS

One of the Regulars
Ebay is so unpredictable..

Tango Yankee said:
Well, it didn't go for an insane top dollar amount, but it did go for a reasonable price--actually, for just under the original amount I'd planned to advertise it for here before I told my wife about the high-dollar hats that sold recently. There's just no telling what's going to happen on ebay!

Thanks for your interest, and thanks to those that bid on it.

Regards,
Tom
Not a terrible return, but I expected this one to go for a lot more. Sometimes it seems like if I want a hat, everyone bids on it, but if the hat is too small or large for me, it's crickets.

Spellflower

Practically Family
Yeah, every Borso I've ever bid on shot up to $250, but now that I'm trying to justify dropping the $190 to collect the one I bought from Feltfan, an ebay advanced search turns up nothing but steals! :mad:

Ebay really is a gamble, and like all addicted gamblers, we just keep going back for more, dropping more and more money. Eventually, we all get lucky- and get a great deal, but if you factor in all the lousy deals it turns out that we still paid a pretty penny.

This deal seems pretty square. It is a terrific hat, but it is a decent price too. Everyone won on this one.

ideaguy

One Too Many
I agree. With everyone. (a first!)
eBay's a tough one to figure out & live through, buying & selling, and will set some folks (like me) up for setting prices too high after seeing what goes to the moon one week doesn't clear the tree-tops the next. Very hard to keep an even sales platform after going up & down a few times, and I'm guilty of over-pricing a pair of hats just lately-partly due to seeing amazingly high prices within a week of my offerings here. Took some of you fellas to straighten my head on my shoulders (firmly...)-and thank you, and remind me that the Lounge isn't eBay, and we shouldn't expect the exorbitant prices we might get there.

Been down to selling a mint Stratoliner for under $50., also, and have done that a number of times-and when that's how you make moneys, when the art galleries ain't a buyin'...it's awful tough to see limited "inventory" go for a song, and you still have to smile and thank the folks for buying at all.

To those folks who don't do eBay sales for needed moneys, it ain't easy watching the bouncing ball...that's why I swore up and down I'd never do it, I'll stick to gen-u-ine antiques, thankyou....times changed, so did I , and now I'm one of THEM. And try and treat every sale, every buyer, the same; give out what I'd like back, and shaddup. For all you folks who have followed any of my auctions and seen the good results, please remember that when you might not have been looking, I lost my shirt, socks, and hat... But-things even out, thankfully there is a forum here with men of all stripe that can give sound advice, and we sellers/buyers have the upper hand-lots of experience in the hands of our friends, if we remember to use it .

cookie

I'll Lock Up
PhilS said:
Not a terrible return, but I expected this one to go for a lot more. Sometimes it seems like if I want a hat, everyone bids on it, but if the hat is too small or large for me, it's crickets.

I bought one similar from a fellow lounger and the price was around that figure following negotiation...FWIW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97