Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOTH SIDES OF THE TWEED! - Show us your tweed suits, sport coats and pants

A sneak preview of 3 to appear in Classifieds (too big for me). None have the Harris tweed label, so let's call them "Scotch" tweeds (though 2 are almost certainly Harris).

First a beautiful heathery brown jacket from the middle 1940s (probably). The cut is identical to one I have that's dated 1946. This is a true classic:

Ticket pocket is a nice touch:

HeatherHarris1.jpg

Twin rear vents:

HeatherHarris2.jpg

HeatherHarris3.jpg

The true colour:

HeatherHarris4.jpg

bk

Last edited:
This one is basically the identical fabric but different colourway. This one is a (not really blue enough for Lovat?) greenish blue. It's seen some wear, and has had the buttons removed. Still a lovely from a decent department store; dated 1954.

Once some buttons are applied, it will be a two-button front.

BarkersHarris1.jpg

Ventless back

BarkersHarris2.jpg

BarkersHarris3.jpg

These are true buttonholes, and could be cut through to make a working cuff.

BarkersHarris4.jpg

The label with washed out, but semi-readable date, top right.

BarkersHarris5.jpg

BarkersHarris6.jpg

BarkersHarris7.jpg

bk

Ginger tweed herringbone w/ patch pockets.

Working cuff buttons is a nice touch on this [probably] late 30s sportscoat. It has a centre vent in the back, one of the few 30s jackets I have with a vent. Lovely rust herringbone fabric & 3 patch pockets on the front. The jacket was made by Drapeshire Clothes. "Styled for Al Stein, Baltimore". It has the original owner's name "Berger" hand written on that white tag you can see near the centre seam on the inside.

Drapeshire1.jpg

Drapeshire2.jpg

Drapeshire3.jpg

Lovely caramel coloured buttons.
Drapeshire4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic