Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bradford Hat 7 3/8- Price?

scooter

Practically Family
Acquired this old Bradford Open Road style hat, and am looking to sell it. This hat is a 7 3/8 and is in pretty good shape all the way round with the exception of some mothing, primarily on the underside. There are a couple very minor moth pin prick on top of the crown, but you really gotta look to find them. There is some more significant mothing on the underside of the brim and I have tried to scrupulously capture both in my pics. It has a nice 3 cord ribbon on it, which I am very partial to.

These hats are hard to come by, as far as I can tell, so it is a bit of a rare find. It appears to be made before Resistol bought out Bradford, if I am not mistaken. If I am wrong, those of you more experienced than I, please correct me as I do not want to mislead anyone.

I have reduced the price somewhat simply because of the mothing, but I believe a lot of that could be repaired or camouflaged with some patience and effort. I like this hat, and would keep it myself, but I wear a 7 1/2 and this is a solid 3/8ths. If no one wants it, I'll soak it and make it work for myself, but I thought I'd offer it up here before I went about trying to stretch it.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

top of crown
IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

brim underneath
IMG_0635.JPG

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
Ok, gents, I have guessed at the worth of this hat and apparently, I was mistaken. I am not trying to gouge anyone, simply trying to guesstimate it's value, a difficult task at best. My understanding is that these original Bradfords are hard to find. I have a line on a trade for a like hat that would fit me, but I am most interested in selling this hat to fund a custom from Major Mike.

If any one is interested in this hat, please contact me!

EDIT: Guess I should clarify, I am open to discuss offers!

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Hello. I had a very nice Bradford with no issues about it, was a tight 7 3/8 and sold it to a fellow lounger as it was just a hair tight and wanted a straw stetson so we traded. However, if memory serves me correct, I was asking $150.00 originally for the hat. I am sure someone will buy your hat, give it time.

scooter

Practically Family
Thank you, I appreciate your taking the time to respond. It is so very difficult establishing the value of a given hat,,(at least for me) and I have no interest in ripping anyone off. But it does seem to me to be a decent and rather unique hat. I do have a trade worked out if it fails to sell in reasonable time, so we'll see how it goes. I do like the hat, I must say.

Typically, bartenders require a posted price in your listing.
Even if it is a "make me an offer", they ask an initial price be set so the Classifieds don't turn into an auction format.
Or am I just not seeing your asking price?

scooter

Practically Family
I originally said $125, GT, but thought I might have overshot the mark, so I just said price with a ?. In lieu of a buyer, I worked out a trade anyway, so I'll put in that it's unavailable. Gotta run to work right now.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have you stated the brim width and the height of the open-crown yet? Nothing sells a hat quite like the right dimensions.

scooter

Practically Family
I have not, Alex, and you make a good point. I should have. It's all moot now, as I found a trade for the same hat in a larger size.

This baby is history, gents!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80