Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bread boxes?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I can't compete with you folks on the puns :) , but here's my breadbox. This is one of the first things I ever bought on ebay, maybe 10 years ago now? I bought it with the back slightly dented but I think it's so cool I don't mind the minor damage.

bb-1.jpg

bbopen.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
I can't compete with you folks on the puns :) , but here's my breadbox. This is one of the first things I ever bought on ebay, maybe 10 years ago now? I bought it with the back slightly dented but I think it's so cool I don't mind the minor damage.

bb-1.jpg
Wow! A bread cylinder. When I think bread boxes, I generally think, Zzzzzzzz,.......but that there's the shizznick of bread boxes. :) It's got that streamlined look I like.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Diamondback said:
How 'bout one to the breadbasket for all the punishment you've inflicted on the poor lady? :D

As long as it isn't in the face. lol But, before you act, we'll let the lady decide whether or not I deserve any pain. :D

PSG, very nice bread box! It cleaned up very well. Now we have two beautiful bread boxes here. :)

Lee

"Chrome is my favorite color." - '50s car ad.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the compliments folks! I'm pretty sure my bread box dates to the 1930s. I've never seen one like it either. A neat feature is that each of the feet swivels so you can put it on an uneven surface and it remains stable.

I love yours PSG! And the one that has the cutting board on the inside of the door--what a good idea.

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
PrettySquareGal said:
Eh? It's roomy. No fins, though. Maybe I'll paint some fire on it. :p

Sorry, that was another one of my "pop culture references" that you have to be 40+ to recognize.

I honestly forget sometimes just how long ago the 1960s and 70s were. :eek: :D

Anyhow, way back when, there was a game show on TV (yes, we had TV, but you changed channels with a dial that went "Thunk") called "What's My Line?". Panelists tried to guess the contestant's profession by asking "yes or no" questions. If the contestant manufactured a product, the first question was "Is it bigger than a breadbox?"

I have no idea if any of the contestants actually made breadboxes. lol

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
before you act, we'll let the lady decide whether or not I deserve any pain. :D

PSG, very nice bread box! It cleaned up very well. Now we have two beautiful bread boxes here. :)

Lee

"Chrome is my favorite color." - '50s car ad.

Thank you, and yes, you are pain worthy. :D

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
imoldfashioned said:
Thanks for the compliments folks! I'm pretty sure my bread box dates to the 1930s. I've never seen one like it either. A neat feature is that each of the feet swivels so you can put it on an uneven surface and it remains stable.

I love yours PSG! And the one that has the cutting board on the inside of the door--what a good idea.

Thanks! I also love that I can apply lipstick in the reflection. lol

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Tony in Tarzana said:
Sorry, that was another one of my "pop culture references" that you have to be 40+ to recognize.

I honestly forget sometimes just how long ago the 1960s and 70s were. :eek: :D

Anyhow, way back when, there was a game show on TV (yes, we had TV, but you changed channels with a dial that went "Thunk") called "What's My Line?". Panelists tried to guess the contestant's profession by asking "yes or no" questions. If the contestant manufactured a product, the first question was "Is it bigger than a breadbox?"

I have no idea if any of the contestants actually made breadboxes. lol

Yet you started all of this punny business! lol

Thanks for the pop culture game show info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy