Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brigg walking stick question

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Good day, all. I tried a few searches but didn't really come up with what I need -
I am getting ready to order a walking stick, specifically a Brigg, from classic luggage company (I have no affiliation and have never bought from them before).
Anyway, which country cane is the strongest. I am thinking ash, but just not sure. They show the ash root stick with a silver band on it, but I'm thinking the gold would look as nice and I'd save some money since standard is gold.

Any comments would be highly appreciated!

Oh, some wisdom for the day regarding walking sticks in general: you won't need a walking stick at all if you just don't run into cars while riding motorcycles.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
DBLIII said:
Anyway, which country cane is the strongest. I am thinking ash, but just not sure.
My Uncle swears by hickory and he weighs over 300lbs. But the ash should suffice for most people.
DBLIII said:
They show ash root stick with a silver band on it, but I'm thinking the gold would look as nice and I'd save some money since standard is gold.
A gold band just doesn't look right on a rustic stick. Bite the bullet and pay up for silver. ;) Plus, the plating on that gold band will not wear well, while the sterling band will acquire a wonderful patina.

Corky

Practically Family
The strongest is said to be the COLD STEEL City Stick...

The strongest is said to be the COLD STEEL City Stick...

tmb-citystick91st.jpg

I think they also offer other models in various woods.

csstoreonline_2112_626348

http://www.coldsteel.com/citystick.html

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
DBLIII said:
...you won't need a walking stick at all if you just don't run into cars while riding motorcycles.

:eek: Ouch. Sorry to hear you wiped out.

While the Cold Steel job looks very classy, I'd want a walking stick with a 'T' handle if I were using it to support a bum leg. Hope you get better...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner