Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brought home a new one today.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
A nice 'custom' fedora, made for a Dr. Beyer, as the sweat says. Tight front to back, since I'm a long oval...a visit to Art should fix that.

01.jpg

It's a nice phantom green, with a matching band. (Tie by Art)

02.jpg

Beaver! Not a run of the mill hat, either, a nice twenty. Note the 'Ivy Leaguer' script in the sweat, and the vents in the front.

03.jpg

Triple-stitched top welt. Neat touch...not a fan of it, but I'll leave it alone, since it's history.

04.jpg

Not a fan of back bows, either. Also going to leave this alone if I can get it flattened out.

Got a green suit I'm slowly paying off...this will be the perfect companion piece. (Yes, a green double-breasted pinstripe '30s suit with WIDE peaked lapels, a high opening, and a perfect v-line cut...the one everyone tells me was never made!)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Congrats Wingnut...find it at the show?
Belly, there are certain things in Vintage that for some inexplicable reasons are rare. Finding an all black necktie is one of them. A green necktie or green suit ranks high in the rarity factor mostly because not that many were made to start with, then add the "men wear them till they are threadbare then begrudgingly buy another" factoid, and you have a rare item. It's just one of those odd things in the vintage world.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Actually, I did a trade for the hat(at a local shop). Swapped a modern brown poly blend Italian double-breasted suit for it. Thing never fit me well, anyway.

Now I have a green hat, I'll eventually have a green suit, just picked up that green tie from Art (thanks!), I've got green argyle socks...

Now, the impossible: Green vintage spectators! Yeah, right!

Wow! You definitely need to get clearer pictures of that tie. It is much more bright and vivid than it looks there. Everyone can believe me because I saw both the suit and the tie. Tell me where else you can get a brand new green thirties tie from. Mine even still had the cardboard on it!
That hat will go great with that pin stripe suit. Looks to be sort of a grey/green from the pictures but I bet it is much more green in reality. Congratulations. I wish I had your luck with finding suits in my size. ;)

Regards to all,

J

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Here's the tie. I saw this and HAD to have it.

tie.jpg

Guys, if you want ties, NOW is the time to get them! Art is blowing them out, and many are N.O.S.! I saw at his booth some of the most gorgeous brocade '30s ties that I've ever laid eyes on. It took a massive amount of restraint to not blow everything that I had in my wallet and snap up everything that appealed to me.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Here's the other tie that I bought from Art. I have lots of blue ties, but there's no harm in more. I'm a real sucker for tie with knot patterns / colors that contrast the rest of the tie. I think it's probably one of the best tie fashion innovations anyone ever came up with. You won't ever see that again...modern designers just aren't bold enough!

tie_2.jpg

The Wingnut said:
Here's the tie. I saw this and HAD to have it.

tie.jpg

Guys, if you want ties, NOW is the time to get them! Art is blowing them out, and many are N.O.S.! I saw at his booth some of the most gorgeous brocade '30s ties that I've ever laid eyes on. It took a massive amount of restraint to not blow everything that I had in my wallet and snap up everything that appealed to me.

Yeah tell me about it. I now own five more than I did before. :p Don't tell everyone though because I still have not got all that I want. ;) Some of the Hollyvogues are really nice. :cool2:
That blue one you got is really cool with that knot pattern. Darn I missed it when I was looking. :kick:

Regards to all,

J

The Wingnut

One Too Many
I'm thinking I should squirrel away some extra dough for the '30s brocade one with the autumn leaves on it...unless you grabbed it!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A very nice fedora

The Wingnut said:
A nice 'custom' fedora, made for a Dr. Beyer, as the sweat says. Tight front to back, since I'm a long oval...a visit to Art should fix that.

01.jpg

It's a nice phantom green, with a matching band. (Tie by Art)

02.jpg

Beaver! Not a run of the mill hat, either, a nice twenty. Note the 'Ivy Leaguer' script in the sweat, and the vents in the front.

03.jpg

Triple-stitched top welt. Neat touch...not a fan of it, but I'll leave it alone, since it's history.

04.jpg

Not a fan of back bows, either. Also going to leave this alone if I can get it flattened out.

Got a green suit I'm slowly paying off...this will be the perfect companion piece. (Yes, a green double-breasted pinstripe '30s suit with WIDE peaked lapels, a high opening, and a perfect v-line cut...the one everyone tells me was never made!)

I think your fedora is a very nice one. You did well my friend.
What size hat do you wear?? :cheers1:

The Wingnut

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
7! Gee, you have been taking that Hataholics thread much too seriously. :p I have a museum by now but you have a museum of vintage suits next to me. :cry: :p

Regards to all,

J

It's actually 6, if you don't count the one that doens't fit...that was my great uncle's. Needs to go back to my aunt. I had Art restore it, he did a beautiful job, as to be expected.

Suits, hrm. I have...2 vintage suits that fit me, one that doesn't and is waiting for a reweaver(moth hole spang in the front on patterned cloth), and one on the way. Two tuxes, one black, one with a white jacket. That's it for suits. I'm not counting slacks, sport jackets, shirts, or coats, as most of mine are modern but passable.

Now, uniforms...I'm not going to even try to put it all up here. I've actually trimmed it back and it's still too much...there are items in the shop that I've got my eye on, too...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy