Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brown felt hat

David Bresch

Familiar Face
I would like to buy a production felt hat, one that I can order and have in a few days. There have been back-and-forths about the availability of Cervo, Guerra, Lagomarsino, all the non-Borsalino hats of high quality. Can anyone comment on their current availability? Lagomarsino appears no longer to be available on eBay. Cervo was supposed to appear at Bencraft. Where to get a good quality brown felt fedora? Don't misunderstand me, my two Art Fawcett hats are lovely as is my Optimo Milan Straw and my Gus Miller fedora. I just want to try something different.

KilroyCD

One Too Many
David Bresch said:
I would like to buy a production felt hat, one that I can order and have in a few days. There have been back-and-forths about the availability of Cervo, Guerra, Lagomarsino, all the non-Borsalino hats of high quality. Can anyone comment on their current availability? Lagomarsino appears no longer to be available on eBay. Cervo was supposed to appear at Bencraft. Where to get a good quality brown felt fedora? Don't misunderstand me, my two Art Fawcett hats are lovely as is my Optimo Milan Straw and my Gus Miller fedora. I just want to try something different.
Seeing that you're from Philly, why not take a drive out to Lancaster County and take a look at the Baileys at the Bollman Hat Company outlet store in Adamstown? I saw some nice felt hats there, and in fact bought a wool felt Stetson "Delaware" (looks very much like an unlined "Weekender" with a plain leather band) there a couple months ago. They have a number of Bailey's higher-end felt hats available there.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You need a quality production fedora? Look no farther then Akubra. Nothing stands up better then the hat from down under.
http://www.hatsdirect.com/cgi/products.cgi?group=Fedora+Hats
Take a look around the lounge here and you will find very few disparaging words about this brand. When searching for a classic look in brown, be sure to check out the federation or Federation Deluxe, a fedora lounge favourite.
Johnny

Edward

Bartender
:fedora:

Akubra Fed Deluxe in Dark Brown:

010.jpg

Photo isn't quite true to life in the colour department - to my eyes, the real thing is a dead ringer for the colour of Ford's own.

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hello,

Another option would be to see if The Fedora Store has any Beaver Brand brown fedoras in stock in your size.

A quick look at their Clearance page shows three different pages for Beaver Brand fedoras in Kangaroo brown in stock.

If your head is size 7, 7 1/8, 7 1/4, 7 1/2, 7 3/4, 7 7/8, or 8, you can score one from The Fedora Stora for around $130, which is a sweet deal.

Cheers,
Mark

Donato

One of the Regulars
How high is the crown on the Federation? I just ordered a Stylemaster but they only had it in "Acorn Fawn." Brown has a three month wait. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred