Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Building Lasting Tributes To Our WWII Relatives

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Over the past few months I've been working with some FC Staffers to build lasting tributes to our relitives who served in World War II. We're going to keep the momentum going by asking you all if there's someone you want to memorialize...

Here are three we've done so far.

I Will Remember You! Lorraine Loomis-Konig's Tribute To Her Cousin, Lt. Robert N. Austin.

Doug Palumbo's Tribute To His Father-In-Law, Ray McCarthy. The following is an excerpt from the full article. It is not yet complete but I wanted to post something to go along with the pictures (of Ray and his time in and around Paris) and the History of the 351st document. Please stay tuned to this page for more on the great man that is my father-in-law.

Calore's Family Album: Their Greatest Generation - "This summer, Frank Calore was looking through his father's desk when he chanced upon a large envelope labeled WWII Pictures . Inside were many small, faded and age-curled photographs taken of and by his father during World War II, mainly while serving in Italy and surrounding areas in Europe." You can see all the photos - more then 130 - here...

We will build tributes to people who served in Uniform, or as civilians who fought in their own ways on The Home Front.

If you have a friend or family member who should have their own page, let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW