Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Business Logo Help!

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
This is WAY off topic for this forum but I thought that maybe some of you guys here have a creative mind and can throw some ideas my way for a logo I am trying to finish. The logo is for my automotive detailing/reconditioning company called Streamline Auto Care. I have the font that I want to use but do not have the logo or idea of what I am going to do here. I thought about just having the font only as the logo like a 40's type car emblem (black business card with foil/chrome font), or do an actual design as well of some sort.

I made a few renderings on paper which I will post here and maybe get some opinions, etc. Please to do pay attention to the drawing, I did them at 5 in the morning a few days ago and I am NOT an artist or even close to being one. The design style or period I am going for is a 30's-40's in a sense but something clean, simple and easy to read. I will have 3 basic colors Black, Chrome, and Red on business cards or Black, White and Red on shirts, hats, brochures, etc.

StreamlineLogo.jpg

StreamlineLogo2.jpg

Any information, suggestions, or opinions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Sorry for the poor quality phone pictures. As for the font goes, I have the exact font I want downloaded already and I pretty much tried to copy it in the above photos or get close to it the best I could. Where I am lost is where to put "Auto Care" and if I should add an oval around the whole thing or the V or something...

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
I pretty much have the font, it's just adding to it or adding some kind of design to make it stand out... I am hoping to come up with something by this week so I can get some business cards and brochures printed up and have been brainstorming like crazy with no luck yet.

Tatum

Practically Family
Hmm they show up for me... I do not know why they arent showing. Can anyone else see them?

Weird, now I see them. Must have been a glitch on the page at that very moment. OK, I am not going to critique your 5 AM roughs from an artistic perspective. :) Mainly, because they are roughs! You have your base idea down.

I'm going to respond to you like you are a design student. I hope that's alright, I mean that with the utmost respect, I just want you to think about this. Sometimes it is hard when you're the client. (Trust me!)

What do you want the logo to portray? Do you want a bit of info? Think about how well it will reduce. We were taught in school that a logo should be legible when it is the size of a dime. Perhaps a block area below "Streamline" with more info? I saw something to that effect in all the images, but you had left it in pencil.

I would suggest getting some ideas via research. Google vintage logos, and see what you come up with. Something might give you a brilliant idea.

Otherwise, I really like it. The font is really lovely!

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Tatum, I appreciate the info! I do not mind if you critique my work, I do not get offensive over it and am not that sensitive. :) I searched vintage logos for months and just am overloaded with too many ideas. The font I really like, and not sure if others will like the slash through the word "line". I have no idea's or clues what to do with the "Auto Care" part of it. I was thinking that U shaped banner with Auto Care inside to break up the straight across look of "Streamline". Then again I do not know.
What do you think?

Tatum

Practically Family
The font I really like, and not sure if others will like the slash through the word "line". I have no idea's or clues what to do with the "Auto Care" part of it. I was thinking that U shaped banner with Auto Care inside to break up the straight across look of "Streamline". Then again I do not know.
What do you think?

First of all, it doesn't matter what others think. It's your logo, right? So stop right there. :)

The only concern I have about breaking up the letterforms with the slash is, it becomes less, well, streamlined. But by using it you are creating a sense of movement. That's an acceptable trade-off, in my mind.

I think using a banner for "Auto Care" is a good idea, but if you go with a curved one, it gets bigger. I preferred where you have the "Auto Care" right underneath. The font itself has enough curves, I think.... But then, I also prefer compacted logos! I honestly think I lean towards the one with the chevron, I think it is a nice vintage detail... :)

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Tatum, I greatly appreciate your help. I will be sending you a PM here shortly about having you do the logo for me if you have the time and would want to take it on. You pretty much know what I want already and you know what looks good and know the style I'm looking for. I need to get cards printed as soon as possible and the longer I wait the more work I am missing out on.
I will PM you with a few questions and info and you let me know if your willing to do the job. I like that you do web design as well so maybe we can work something out.
Thanks again!

BowTieSoFly

New in Town
Speaking of Logos... I am beginning to plan to start thinking about initiating the process (emphasis on the future goal) of opening a speakeasy in my city... I'd appreciate any advise or cautions in such a venture. Proposed to be modeled after Rick's from Casa-Blanca.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I am beginning to plan to start thinking about initiating the process of opening a speakeasy in my city... I'd appreciate any advise or cautions in such a venture. .
Well first off you'll need an attorney specializing in criminal law because speaks are illegal ventures. ;)

BowTieSoFly

New in Town
The atmosphere would be that only. The licences and permits would be all over the table and on the level. Though, it's within the law for anyone above the age of 21 to make up to 100 gallons of beer or wine per year. Just no sales or distilling without the proper permits. I have done some homework... but thanks for the caution, I already have a lawyer picked out (he just doesn't know it yet).

Tatum

Practically Family
BowTie, check out Ruby's Elixir in St. Pete. Very cool, might give you some inspiration! I see you are in St. Augustine...

Lemme know when you open, I'll come by. Can you come to our little get-together this weekend? Check the Events threads... :)

BowTieSoFly

New in Town
I'll be sure to check out Ruby's!

Haha give me a few years (I want to get out of college first) but the invitation will be standing for all FL folks.

I really do wish I could. My family and I have already have made plans. I'll keep a sharp look out for the next gathering!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany