Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cal-Leather LAPD 44-46 Long

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Recent discussion in Outerwear had me looking through my Cal-Leather jackets, and I've decided to put this one up for sale. The label is missing from it, but is definitely, unmistakably a Cal-Leather jacket.

s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
20170118_214654.jpg
20170118_214903.jpg

20170118_214428.jpg

20170118_214502.jpg
20170118_214616.jpg
20170118_215059.jpg
20170118_214934.jpg

Pit-pit: 24.5"
Sleeve, shoulder-to-cuff: 28"
Body length, base of collar to rear hem: 27"
Waist: 21" with room to expand at the side gussets

I think it's fair to say this was made for a taller gentleman, with long arms. I am 5'10" and it's about 2-3" too long in the sleeves for me, and roomy enough in the chest for me to layer under (I wear a 44" in most jackets these days, my actual chest measures 43" expanded). If you're over 6', give this one serious consideration.

It features two handwarmer pockets, one inside pocket, a badge holder, side lacing, belt loops for a duty belt, snaps for a mouton collar (mouton collar not included).

All Brass zippers. Main zipper is a Talon, sleeve zips are Serval. Sleeve zips are ungusseted, and lined with mouton at the cuff, as is typical of the Cal Leather LAPD model. I am not sure on the pocket zippers, as they are ring and chain pull, but probably Talon. All snaps are in good working order, hidden snaps on the collar, blacked out snaps on the belt loops.

Leather is intact, thick, heavy, a bit stiff still, pliable and fresh. When I say thick I mean THICK. I measured the thickness at the main zip, and between the different layer sandwiching the zipper tape, it's 3/8" of an inch. For real.

Lining is nylon satin, intact with no holes or runs. There are a few loose threads here and there, nothing major at all. All major seams are intact. Pockets are lined in heavy canvas, no holes nor any appreciable wear to them.

I estimate the weight at right around 9 lbs.

I'm not the original owner and uncertain the vintage, but most likely 50's or 60's.

Terms: $700 USD

Payment: I can accept a money order by certified mail at 100% of agreed price, or PayPal. +3% if using PayPal unless you're using the fee-free friend/family transfer option.

Shipping: $30 insured USPS Priority to CONUS; I will consider international shipping to certain countries, but ask first so I can quote a rate.

Trades: I'm primarily interested in cash, but I may consider trading for similar quality/value jackets in excellent condition. Aero, Vanson, Langlitz, Natal/Natel, Cal Leather, Thedi preferred. I am especially interested in Aero Wayfarer, Langlitz Cascade, and Vanson Arrow models. Send photos and the usual measurements with all trade offers.

If you need additional photos, measurements, or questions answered, just ask. Shoot me an offer if you want, but nothing lowball please. I will not be lowering my asking prices, but will consider a reasonable offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21