Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Camptown Model 1945 Progress !

gdkenoyer

Familiar Face
fyi...from COW:

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:53 am Post subject: The Granite Grey Camptown Bodies Have Arrived !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will order my decals shortly for the liners and then we are on deck !

To speed things up to my customers who have placed your requests here is the process:

1. Reconfirm your sizes to me via e-mail to kenkenobi@yahoo.com

2. I will meet with my builder on Monday to work out my final costs issues, since I am facing an increase in my body costs and advise all of COW special pricing and payment procedures ASAP!

Thanks to all for your patience !

Peace
Ken​

note: do NOT pm me - that will do you no good, and ya can't have my hat! Email or PM ken, as noted above!;)

clevispin

One of the Regulars
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES??

I hear about these hats occasionaly - why no pictures? Amatuers post detailed pics on here all the time with no expectation of financial gain. What are the specs on the hat? I keep thinking I want to buy a new AB or Fawcett but maybe I realllly want a Camptown - what is it?

m

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fair enough...

crop31.jpg

... found here: http://www.camptownhats.com/model1936.html

... website is still pretty thin... lovely hat tho'

clevispin

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the pic. It is an intersting looking hat. I'm hitting a few dead ends when I look at your website. Perhaps when you have some time you can post something interesting about the hats - the various components used, how you got into the biz, supplier, ribbon type etc. Most importantly, it would be so nice to see a dozen pics of every facet of this hat. Pics on a real head would be nice as well. You seem to have a passion for this so it bemuses me that we don't have a bevy of photos to review.

Thanks again

m

gdkenoyer

Familiar Face
clevispin,
do a search on "camptown" in the hats forum on this site and then go poke around in COW. What you're asking for has already been asked and answered.

btw, the gent posting the answer above is not Ken, he was just (?) another hat buff being helpful! Ken will answer but is more active over in COW.

gdk

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
quite right

gdkenoyer said:
clevispin,

btw, the gent posting the answer above is not Ken, he was just (?) another hat buff being helpful! Ken will answer but is more active over in COW....

gdk
yeah, like you, I am just another hat-lovin' schmuck who stumbled across the Fieldmaster by chance. I would love to get one of these hats... not for the least reason... I want a hat manufactured in Irvington NJ !

Michaelson

One Too Many
JerseyJones has just announced that he has the 1945 models IN HAND and is taking orders, so drop him a line to put in your order! He's also hand cutting the brims for the dimensional cut by request, as the hats come standard with a 3 inch brim.

Regards! Michaelson

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
For those who are interested...

FYI! Just to let the natives know, I currently talking with Ken and he says that he is working hard on an ETA for felt. The moment I know I'll post it here. :)

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here is an additional insentive for those that have pondering the idea of getting either one or both of Ken's hats that would be very hard to pass up on any product out there.

Just got off the phone with the factory and placed by brown body reorder. I am also told things are slow there, so lets get this party started.

* I am officially setting the COW/FL/FC price as per my sale at $175.00 with all styling included until whenever I feel like cutting back.

* I will take preorders of $80.00 to get people in the mix for hats as soon as I can get them ready for the sizes I don't have.

This sale price also includes the Model 1945 Metropolitan too. I just decided.

Get a Gray-Brown Combo for $330.00 and one hat is styled for free.

If you are placing an order PLEASE Email it to me with the following information or do it through www.camptownhats.com I CANNOT track PM's easily.

Name/Address/Phone
Size
Colors desired
Styling Options

Thanks !

JerseyJones

...and Remember my new slogan, "Every Hat you Buy Spares the World another Lawyer !"

Now that's a pretty good deal no matter how you slice it. And as far as being viable, well, in my experience it has been a fantastic hat. I wear it just about everywhere & holds up nicely. At least for me it was the best bang for the buck.
Also, just as a side note, he is also reviving the idea of the black "Noir" Model of the Metropolitan. So for those that are interested drop him a line and peak the interest.:)

Cheers!

Dan

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Well that sounds great...i know it was a little iffy for a while there. Also good to know we're ridding the world of an additional lawyer too!:D
So is the $80 a down payment?...and it's $330 for the two hats?...[huh]
A noir would be interesting...What's the wait time...?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
As far as wait times you might have to e-mail or call Ken to find out. I'll do the same and post it here if you don't get a responce.

Currently the Noir is a prototype and is waiting for more interest. Let Ken know you would be interested and hopefully the ball can get rolling on that line.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo