Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can smoking be good for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Regarding different cigarette formulations in different countries:

From "International trademarks and copyrights: enforcement and management" by John T. Masterson, American Bar Association. Section of International Law and Practice

Material Differences of "For Export Only" Cigarettes

"BROWN & WILLIAMSON has for many years manufactured "for export only" cigarettes in the United States utilizing tobacco blends and, in some cases, packaging, that are materially different from products sold domestically under corresponding Trademarks. The "for export only" cigarettes are intended for sale outside of the United States. The "for export only" cigarettes differ materially from the corresponding domestic products in one or more of the following respects: formulation, ingredients, flavor profiles, quality assurance, health warnings, packaging, and U.S. tax information. For example, the "for export only" cigarettes are produced with different formulations depending on the intended foreign market. These differences in formulations affect the levels of such things as tar, nicotine, moisture, flavors, and, in the case of KOOL products, menthol."

I rest my case about formulations being different elsewhere. I also noticed both times that I lived in Europe that the cigarettes tasted different than what I was used to smoking at home.

Chainsaw said:
And I just though we were raised with better manners, than having to destroy other peoples enjoyment. Remember, the next time you eat ice creme, your gonna die of a heart attack!

Also Chainsaw, there is a big difference between not having manners and trying to engage in healthy, intellectual debate. Just because some posters in this thread have said things you dislike or disagree with, does not void them of having manners. I'm sorry if you feel that some folks here have been raining on your happy smoker's parade, but, like you, we too have the right to state our opinions.

Chainsaw

Suspended
No that's fine, it usually takes a lot of practice to be this ignorant, it's good to see some people are naturals at it though.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Chainsaw said:
No that's fine, it usually takes a lot of practice to be this ignorant, it's good to see some people are naturals at it though.

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
DontFeedTheTrolls.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy