Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you identify this hat from Stetson ?

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Here is one I have that has no name or other ID markings. Odd liner and a very high quality sweatband to be marked just a Royal Stetson. Very nice felt with good hand but not as good as Imperial Stetson felt.
Any ideas on a model name?

20170125_103716_resized.jpg 20170125_103735_resized.jpg 20170125_103819_resized.jpg

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I have bought hats at the Resistol/Stetson outlet that were ba***rd versions seemingly trimmed and finished with whatever was laying about. But those were sweat hole punched as seconds. This is like nothing I have seen on here over the years. Other Stetsons of that vintage that I have or have handled would have the lesser sweat quality in a hat marked as a better grade of hat. Did they have special commissioned hats for some stores not falling into the normal molds we are used to seeing? Am I right that this looks to be a late 50's - early 60's vintage?

While we see ads for Stetsons with names, those names didn't seem to translate into the hat itself, with some notable exceptions. Many ads are for named hats we've never seen and, unless we could correlate them directly to the ad, we'll never know what they are.

Would it be an exercise in futility to catalog reorder numbers, similar to the sweat stamp thread, to see if we could correlate some hat designs? We could start with hats we know of, such as Whippets and Wanderers. If we could establish some correlation, perhaps we could extend it to some of the "no name" designs.

Just a thought.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
some hats are just no model
I have a vita felt hat the could 100% be a stratoliner if it was labeled one on the sweat .... it's not .... just simply Royal Stetson
There are a few other similar situations in my collection.
when it comes down to it model names were simply for marketing and price point ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24