Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you use Saphir Cream on a leather belt?

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I just noticed a few small scuffs on a leather belt I have from Gucci, would it be ok to use Saphir cream on the belt to fix them? It's Saphir Medaille d'Or Pommadier Cream specifically. I use it for my leather boots/shoes, but wasn't sure if it was ok to use on a leather belt. Anyone with any experience know if it's safe to use on a belt? I remember asking about using it on a leather wallet I had and some people saying you shouldn't do that, so I wonder if the same would apply to a leather belt. Is this product only to be used for shoes pretty much? I wonder about transfer onto other clothing items, but I figure buffing it properly should prevent that from happening right? Appreciate any input.

Al 916

One Too Many
I use it on my boots and if needed and correct on jackets, so I don't see why not (I assume the belt not suede etc......)
Lovely stuff!

@Marc mndt 's suggested product and as ever he knows his stuff!

Last edited:

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
If it’s your typical smooth leather (not nubuck, rough out, suede, etc…), should be fine.

If you’re super worried, you can always test on the non-visible side of the belt. But don’t believe you should have an issue.

I’m even puzzled why you were told not to use it for wallets.

It may just darken the belt a little bit.

bigmanbigtruck

Familiar Face
No, your belt will explode
OP’s belt?

1713916951148.jpeg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Shoe cream and wax are not dye and even dye requires a coating to prevent fading/rubbing off. You also fail to mention the type of leather. A lot of the Gucci leather items use what is known as "bookbinder" leather which has a shinny coating that if damaged cannot be repaired by cream or wax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran