Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canadians in the Lounge?

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
That's another good reason to have this thread open at least it's a little more relaxed,some of the others get pretty persnickety(that's my big word for the day)about certain things,and the last thing I want to do is offend anyone as I'm a fairly opinionated sort.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
We're Canadian; the last thing we ever want to do is offend anyone at any time about anything! lol At least so the rest of the world says.

And really it's basically true,also have you ever noticed how often we tend apologize for almost everything even if we're not at fault,this being said we're also thought of a little better than our neighbors to the south are for the most part.I'm sure you've realized that offending people is a fairly easy thing to do here...maybe it's just me, such is life.I received a very good E-mail today about praying,written by Andy Rooney not sure if you have seen it or not?

Last edited:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
I haven't seen the email.

I have noticed there are a few on here who are easy to offend. I'm pretty thick skinned myself; 8 years in the army reserve and working my current job I kinda of have to be.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I haven't seen the email.

I have noticed there are a few on here who are easy to offend. I'm pretty thick skinned myself; 8 years in the army reserve and working my current job I kinda of have to be.

Yea I've noticed you've been in a bit of a heated debate lately...oh well like my signature says.Reserves you say my nephew is in them in Saskatoon while he's attending university there,If you wish to send me your E-Mail I could forward the Andy Rooney message if you like?

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Yea I've noticed you've been in a bit of a heated debate lately...oh well like my signature says.Reserves you say my nephew is in them in Saskatoon while he's attending university there,If you wish to send me your E-Mail I could forward the Andy Rooney message if you like?

I wouldn't even call it heated, really! Unless the other party is far "hotter" than me. I was feeling pretty relaxed, to be honest. lol

I should add that actually I find the Fedora Lounge to be one of the classiest, most civilized online forums I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of. Notwithstanding the few sensitive souls here who take offense easily, for the most part there's plenty of room for civil discourse without anyone getting upset.

You can PM me the message on the lounge here if you like; probably the simplest method.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I wouldn't even call it heated, really! Unless the other party is far "hotter" than me. I was feeling pretty relaxed, to be honest. lol

I should add that actually I find the Fedora Lounge to be one of the classiest, most civilized online forums I've ever had the pleasure of being a member of. Notwithstanding the few sensitive souls here who take offense easily, for the most part there's plenty of room for civil discourse without anyone getting upset.

You can PM me the message on the lounge here if you like; probably the simplest method.

G&T let me know if you receive that E-Mail as I'm not really sure about how to do things on this site,Thxs.

giovanni

Familiar Face
I am Canadian, and I have no problem with offending people. I dont try to offend but I dont lose sleep over it if I do.

Anyways, I just noticed that this forum doesnt allow the discussion of politics...Im shocked. What is this some kind of totalitarian sartorial wasteland?

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I am Canadian, and I have no problem with offending people. I dont try to offend but I dont lose sleep over it if I do.

Anyways, I just noticed that this forum doesnt allow the discussion of politics...Im shocked. What is this some kind of totalitarian sartorial wasteland?
Hey Mr.G nice to see you back on the Canada side of things,as far as politics go I'm sure you are aware that it's one of those subjects that get people riled up along with religion,abortion,capital punishment and the like.I'm sure the moderators of this site don't want to have to run around putting out fires between it's members,do remember there are over 17000 of us on here,so they would like us all to play nice.That being said if you check out some of the threads you will see quite a few heated debates,just keep in mind it's a private playground and they retain the right to shut you down anytime they see fit.

Last edited:

giovanni

Familiar Face
You are right, nice hat dude...I like heated debate though, it is my nature.

I like spice in my food too, I am just fiery and vibrant--passion oozes out of pores...Just kidding, but I do think contrasting pts and heated arguments can be illuminating.

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
You are right, nice hat dude...I like heated debate though, it is my nature.

I like spice in my food too, I am just fiery and vibrant--passion oozes out of pores...Just kidding, but I do think contrasting pts and heated arguments can be illuminating.
Good evening Mr.G not to say they can't be enlightening but a very heated argument more than half the time end up in a name calling debate,I don't like to make assumptions but with a name like Giovanni would I be far off if I said of Italian decent?

giovanni

Familiar Face
I hail from Switzerland...My mothers side is French and my fathers side is German and Italian.

We are all a mix of something or another...If you dont mind me asking, where are all your nice hats?

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
I only have 2 posted on here,if you go to page 1971 of the Post New Hats thread you'll find them,I've never been a collector of anything I buy stuff to wear not to sit on a shelf or as a conversation piece.Also if you go to the last post on the Vintage Western Wear this is what I really like the louder the better.As for being mixes yea we all are in the same boat as far as that's concerned,my ancestry is German/Irish on my Dad's side and English on my Mom's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo