Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Catch & Release or keep: GW Modoc

Keep or Release?

• Its too big, off to the classifieds with it

• Its fine, You're overthinking it

• Its a bit big but not worth selling

Results are only viewable after voting.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I recently picked up this GW Modoc from the classifieds, the listed measurements were out by enough that I probably wouldn’t have taken the risk but here we are.

I was initially thinking maybe it could work as a layering under jacket, for the 3 days a year it’s cold enough to do that, but now I’m thinking it’s too big even for that.

It’s a beautiful jacket but life is too short to waste on jackets that simply don’t fit properly, give it to me straight gents.

All photos have the side cinches fully pulled tight.

Layered Zipped
7DA6AEAE-8D44-4713-AA52-C7B9B5E336B1.jpeg
2CB8BFE5-DB5F-404A-A1A8-FB2DA097A90D.jpeg

Layered Unzipped
7E368720-8524-4239-869B-1D07A551C19B.jpeg

Not layered.
D1A427C8-0A09-453F-83D2-D7588E0E9078.jpeg

It’s possible I’m just too used to slim fitting patterns and that’s swaying my opinion but it’s also possible that this is simply 2 sizes too big and I’d be better off selling and trying again.

Last edited:
It’s a beautiful jacket PN but I think it looks too large as well. Honestly if the hem were more tapered I think you easily wear it without issue or worry but it appears a bit to wide as is.

I’m on the opposite side of late as the past 4 leather jackets I’ve bought have all been way too small.

On the plus side, this should be a very easy and painless flip.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
you_get_outta_here.gif

The crowd has spoken ....is kinda what I was expecting TBH.

Thanks everyone.

RiteStuffBryan

One of the Regulars
Slightly too large but the slim jeans make it look larger than it really is. It’s not a bad vintage cut actually, some straighter fit pants would bring that out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner