Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charcoal pinstripe suit material

Emporator

New in Town
Hello all,

I've been on the lookout for a suitable suit fabric but have not really come up with anything that completely hits the spot. I had a double breasted suit in mind, and my material of choice is a medium to dark charcoal pinstripe.

Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction of a fabric supplier that has such a fabric?

I must confess to being totally ignorant on the technical details of fabric, but what I had in mind was a medium-to-dark charcoal pinstripe material, the pinstripe being a light or medium grey, with the spacing about half an inch. The material shouldn't have a sheen to it, but rather that ever so slightly rough look you get with weightier wools.

As a guide, here's some pictures:

941-0011.jpg

tumblr_lfcxzdclnh1qdbf5lo1_1280.jpg

Both of these fabrics look perfectly suitable, except for the colour, which I'd like a little darker.

I'd be most appreciative of anyone who responds - I'm a bit out of my depth here and would welcome any advice.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Try Tessuti at Surry Hills. They have a fantastic range of fabrics. My husband has had several suits made for him by Skin Deep tailors. You won't be able to buy fabric from them, but they do have an excellent range of suiting fabrics should you buy a suit from them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21