• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Charles Osgood, CBS Sunday Morning

Discussion in 'Suits' started by WH1, Oct 31, 2010.

1. WH1

WH1 Practically Family

This morning Charles Osgood was absolutely impeccable in his attire. He wore a single breasted, peak lapel, 3 piece suit (the vest with lapels) in what looks to be a dark olive or brown tweed, a white shirt with pin stripes, a tastefully striped bow tie and a contrasting pocket square. It is a great look. If you have the opportunity check it out because it is a great look.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
  2. One good thing about Charles' clothes is the expert tailoring and fit. He is a heavyset man, but on camera he appears much less so. That suggests bespoke clothes, and very good ones.

It should be said that his look is somewhat particular to his role as Sunday Morning host. It is a show that knows its demographic is very specific, and Charles and his dress are totally appropriate.
  3. Hemingway Jones

Hemingway Jones I'll Lock Up Bartender

He is also the consummate gentleman. Excellent media figure.
  4. Tomasso

Tomasso Incurably Addicted

Around ten years ago I saw him being fitted for a suit at Paul Stuart but I don't know if it was OTR or MTM. Also, a search turned up a tailor who calls him a customer.
  5. Paul Stuart is one of the few places left that could really peg his style - conservative yet cosmopolitan and not ashamed of a little dandyism. Very specific, I think, to New Yorkers of a certain generation.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010