Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chicago Souvenier Photo Card Set

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Found this strange little item in the basement of my local vintage junk store. It was unused, and well,...just plain cool. So of course I had to buy it.
A sort of multi-image post card that could be sent for a mere 2 cents postage. So I'm thinking it's approximately from the 30's. There are 16 high resolution photos of Chicago land marks, 1 5/8" x 2 5/8" in a box with space for postage and addresses on the back.

chicagosouvenier001.jpg

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I suppose one could buy these and mail them from any major city or tourist attraction? I had never seen one before this. [huh]

Was your father stationed in Alaska? My uncle was in the Aleutians during the Japanese occupation.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Maj.Nick Danger said:

Was your father stationed in Alaska? My uncle was in the Aleutians during the Japanese occupation.
My father worked on the construction of the Alaska Highway and various airfields and bridges in Alaska. He was in Alaska for over two years but he never saw action although there was a high mortality rate due to the extreme weather and lack of military preparedness to deal with such. But we did have a family friend that participated in the battle of the Aleutian Islands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80