Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas Cheer

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Normally I am reading different posts and topics here on the Lounge, over my Husband's shoulder. Over the years on the Lounge you tend to reflect on things that become important to you. Having my Husband home for the Holidays and to be able to share another Christmas is such a blessing.

In thinking of the history of Christmas and how even during times of war, enemy soldiers have laid down their arms, conveyed a non official "truce" and within the humble and meager background of a battlefield, embraced the peace that celebrates the Eve of which Christ was born.

Christmas is celebrated around the World, for some it may only mean giving or giving some gift purchased and wrapped. But for many, Christmas means sharing peace, love, hope, family, and the real spirit which seems to be needed in our times now as much as ever.

When I think of how there are people here on the Lounge from all around the World, lending a common bond of care and sharing values, ideals, thoughts, it only confirms that the spirit of Christmas does indeed reach beyond just Christmas Eve or Day.

I know it is my Family's wish for all that are here, to have a most blessed Christmas this year, and to be with your loved ones to share it with.

Christmas Cheer to all Loungers and may God Bless us all!

Cindy

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Merry Christmas! :) Lots of love to you and Daniel. :)
Thanks, Daniel had some relatives in your neck of the woods, however they are now old, gone and buried. He showed me some pictures of their homes, so nice older places.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks, Daniel had some relatives in your neck of the woods, however they are now old, gone and buried. He showed me some pictures of their homes, so nice older places.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, too!

Really? I never knew he had family here, even though it was a long time ago. Some place around Syracuse, or upstate in general?

I'm originally from the Adirondacks and lived in Ithaca for a long while.

Thanks for your good wishes! And a happy new year!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I am not really sure what part of Syracuse, but the houses were all older two story homes that were very nice well maintained, a nice neighborhood bar and grill was not too far away and everyone was very friendly in the neighborhood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot