Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Christmas Day Temperatures"

Miss Sis

One Too Many
Not quite as chilly as some of our American friends, but it's B****y cold here in England at the moment! Snow over most of the country.

I need to get me back to the Southern Hemisphere for Christmas...

*goes off to fill hot water bottle for freezing feet*

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
We're forecast for 24C for Christmas Day so quite a mild temperature for here. We had 39C here just this last Wednesday which was a shock, first seriously hot day this summer.

Not looking forward to when it starts tipping over the 40 mark on the mercury which will happen inevitably.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Tonight I caught up with two friends ( one Antipod and one USA Citizen) who had driven 11 hours in snow from North Virginia to New York city,where they were stuck for two days, then 12 hours to Dubai and a further 12 hours on a crowded Aircraft to Australia, they were happy (but very tired) to be here!"

Hal

Practically Family
What I dislike about winter is the short day-length, not the temperature. I'd be delighted if I never had to experience temperatures of 25C and above - 22C is perhaps my comfort limit.
With low temperatures thermal comfort can be easily controlled means of clothing; with high temperatures this is impossible. And to me - and, I believe to many of the men of this forum - the clothes of winter are smarter and more satisfying to wear.

cupcake

Familiar Face
Oh binkie, why did you have to remind me of the searing heat that is a Perth christmas tradition?
I work with a lot (read: all bar 2) of people here on working visas. None of them can wrap their heads around the idea that christmas here is WARM. Boy are they in for a shock

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
It's supposed to be 30 degrees in Sydney tomorrow, so that's not too bad, at least it's a great excuse to eat lots of cold seafood - prawns & oysters here I come!

On the downside I'll have to fight the hordes today at the fishmarkets......

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
Cold and Sunny here on Xmas.. 40 degrees F.

my house is FREEZING stinking cold, can't wait til we move to the new house next month and have oil heat and good windows! HURRAY!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm traveling to Colorado tomorrow to enjoy a White Christmas. Leaving 82°F for 15°F. :)

Lokar

A-List Customer
We're likely getting about 20°F (-7°C).

Slightly cold for south Sweden, but I love the cold - thick three pieces and overcoats!

cupcake

Familiar Face
Oh binkie, why did you have to remind me of the searing heat that is a Perth christmas tradition?
I work with a lot (read: all bar 2) of people here on working visas. None of them can wrap their heads around the idea that christmas here is WARM. Boy are they in for a shock

Selvaggio

One of the Regulars
Predicted to be 29c/84f her in Sydney, but the most exciting thing is that they are predicting a whole week of blessed rain starting on Christmas night...and right accros the toasty brown state of New South Wales. The best Christmas present for our country cousins.

kyda

One of the Regulars
If have just had a look at the forecast it is dropped instead of 36c we now are expecting......... 35c. Monday is going to be a killer it is going to be 38c,then it is supposed to cool down?????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot