Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christmas List!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Well, hubby and I are getting each other a new bathroom, so I asked the rest of the family for giftcards to various housewares stores. I also have a long list of books on my Amazon wishlist, including Vogue Knitting on the Go:Vintage Knits and Vintage Knits:30 Vintage Inspired Patterns. Because of the weightloss, I've also asked for giftcards to Old Navy and Land's End.

PS

A-List Customer
To move my children upstairs to the second floor now that it is all cleared out.
To not stink at sewing
To see my mother this Christmas, MIL is far too dramatic and always wins.
FF Seamed Stockings
To find a real vintage dress that will accommodate my hips
Dh to finish painting the living room.
New coat

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
BegintheBeguine said:
Mr. Winkle!! I love Mr. Winkle! I splurged and bought myself a calendar a few years ago (hey, it's for a good cause and it's still cute).
Last year I wished for a squash blossom necklace and my mom who deals in vintage costume jewelry gave me a small one. :) I also wanted a bar lamp with a drunken guy hanging on the lamppost. Seems I saw these everywhere when I was a child, now nuttin'. So we're still looking for the lamp. Then I'll need a bar to set it on. Hubby is giving me his car. :eek: Guy friend mentioned the other day he should buy me a fur. :eek: :eek: I was speechless and so didn't respond.
I ordered the Mr.Winkle Christmas cards this year. I can't wait to start sending them out.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Winkle

Several years ago I was in the break room at work reading a McCall's magazine. There was a tiny picture of an adorable creature and a website in the blurb and I jumped up right away to look it up. Here is Mr. Winkle as Rosie the Riveter. Click on the paw for the whole Winkle experience.http://www.mrwinkle.com/book-wit.htm
As a girl who has taken in 3 stray dogs (Shih-Tzu, Chow, and German Shepherd) and a cat I thought at first was a Chihuahua, I am even more interested in this little animal's story.

Trixie

One of the Regulars
Anything that isn’t pink, red with hearts, flowery, purple, shiny, glittery or stuffed! I’m not sure what it is about me that makes people I know really well think I like the same stuff as 6 year old girls! Alright, since this isn’t the whine about what you don’t want thread I’ll add that I really want the new Harry Potter DVD !

Foofoogal

Banned
I mainly want the repro of an antique radio that has a turntable. I want to play my old records for my grandbabies.
I am going to treat myself to an antique silver business card holder if I find the right one.

Gee, I thought you all were talking about Mr.Bingle.
http://www.mrbinglefans.com/

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Foofoogal said:
I mainly want the repro of an antique radio that has a turntable. I want to play my old records for my grandbabies.

I believe there's one out there somewhere (Linens and Things, maybe??) that will record LPs to CD. That way you could share the music (even let the kiddies borrow it) without risking the originals!! I think it runs around $300. So, considerably more expensive than the players out there, but what a feature!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy