Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chuckles' Morning jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems a bit antiquated:

1290_big.jpg

Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

New in Town
It is a morning coat and it looks a bit retro with the silk piping and the slip. Nonetheless it is a beautiful item.
Yours,

Phileas Fogg

Edward

Bartender
I like it. It does look very Edwardian to me, possibly tailored pre or during WW1. I should have thought it was better suited to something more funerary than a birthday celebration, but it certainly appeals to the goth in me.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Smashing, just smashing. And the glib expression on his face is perfect, too. I wonder about several details, such as the pocket watch, the diamond tie tack and the little tiny lapel pin.

Salieri

One of the Regulars
I like it. It does look very Edwardian to me, possibly tailored pre or during WW1. I should have thought it was better suited to something more funerary than a birthday celebration, but it certainly appeals to the goth in me.

They're not dressed for a birthday celebration, they're dressed to receive the Emire of Qatar.

I wouldn't have thought this was a hand-me-down. The coat is the same one he wore for his wedding.

Edward

Bartender
They're not dressed for a birthday celebration, they're dressed to receive the Emire of Qatar.

I wouldn't have thought this was a hand-me-down. The coat is the same one he wore for his wedding.

Ah, I thought is was for Phil's recent birthday hoo-hah (to which the gag on the PE cover refers) - I don't follow the Windsors, so I missed the coverage of that particular event.

BTW, are they standing on the same level in that photo?I always had the impression Charles was quite tall, but there he doesn't look much taller than his father (who is almost as tiny as the queen).

Salieri

One of the Regulars
Ah, I thought is was for Phil's recent birthday hoo-hah (to which the gag on the PE cover refers) - I don't follow the Windsors, so I missed the coverage of that particular event.

BTW, are they standing on the same level in that photo?I always had the impression Charles was quite tall, but there he doesn't look much taller than his father (who is almost as tiny as the queen).

Whoever knew google offered this service?

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=he...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

No idea where they're getting the height from. I saw Charles (while I was protesting his presence in my firebrand student days) at Aberdeen, and he did not seem that tall.

Maybe it's true, though. He's taller than the olds, but then, they are all quite short …

article-1370242-0B58CC9400000578-746_468x299.jpg

bk

Last edited:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
BTW, I so hope that the title was changed from Charles to Chuckles since my first post, otherwise I have a reading or memory problem.

GBR

One of the Regulars
seems a bit antiquated:

[/IMG]

I assume that you are referring disrespectfully to HRH The Prince of Wales?

His Morning Dress maybe desperately old fashioned but why, given the desire for many here to have suits from the 1930s, should this occasion comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy