Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Churchill Hats Ltd

ii-5-i

New in Town
Straws

I just bought a Churchill Milan straw off of ebay. I'm very pleased with the construction and feel of this hat. Once I get upgraded to XP I'll be able to show a photo.

If I remember right, the Churchill line was bought out by Resistol in the 1940s or 50s. Resistol still produced hats under that name for quite some time and I think Hatco still does.
What does the hat in question look like? Their quality varied on the era they were produced but that can be said about most hats. :p

Regards to all,

J

silverHalo

New in Town
Tom Landry of the Dallas Cowboys wore nothing but Churchhill, I think that they made custom hats for him on demand. I saw one on ebay with his autograph for around 1000.00 a few weeks ago.... never saw the finally price.

MattJH

One Too Many
I'm reviving this year-old thread (as you can tell, I'm a fan of the 'Search' function!) to see if anybody else has any further insight on this hat maker.

I just won this eBay auction and I'm interesting in learning more about them, if there's anything new to learn. I like the hat listed a lot -- reminds me of the velour Stetson Sovereign I have that I wear a whole heck of a lot, and the color makes it a good Spring season hat, at least to me. The price seems exceptional considering it comes with its original hat box, especially since it's a 7 5/8.

Secondary question: From the auction listing, anybody know anything about the original "Caper 'O Caper" hat box that's included? Is Caper 'O Caper a store?

Thanks, as usual!

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
I have a Churchill 35...

I'll get some pix tonight and post them. It's a first-rate hat. In fact, I hadn't picked it up in a while, and had thought I would sell it with the 30-odd hats I've got listed now. It's a little more stingy than I like. But after taking another assessment -- very, very soft and smooth felt, Cav Edge, impressive liner -- I decided to keep it, now seeing it as among my best dozen or so lids.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I have a Churchill "Town and Country" fedora in "London Gray" (very dark gray). It's one of my favorite hats. The felt is very soft. It is almost too small for me and is well used (even before I got it), my guess is it's from the 1940's. The original cost (according to the tag) was $16.50. I wear it everywhere. My experience with Churchill hats has been positive.
Billy

nulty

One of the Regulars
I had a Churchill felt at one time. Pretty standard fedora, 2 " brim, High or so crown. I guessed it was a late 1950's model The felt was soft and thick though. It was a "hot" hat to wear. Ended up selling it a few years ago. I'm not sure I'd buy another unless I had it in my hands first...the hat itself was great but it was so warm to wear it would soften up and get a little floppy......

Good Luck with whatever it is your getting into.......

bigmac4665

New in Town
i have a really nice old Churchill hat that was my great grandfathers. it is genuine suede leather and i would like to know more about it. it has a style number 630F79 and mfg number 15-6189-08. i believe it was purchased sometime before the late 50's. any help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24