Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Circus Movies

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Inspired by small hijack elsewhere in the board...

Does anyone here like movies (classic or otherwise) that are set (entirely or otherwise) in a circus?
Off the top of my head I can remember:

Shadows and Fog
Freaks
Dumbo
El Circo (mexican feature starring Cantinflas)
Big Fish

And that's pretty much it. Anyone else?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I want to say there is a ciruc movie called Making Whoopie or something hootchie cootchie... I'll look it up see if I can't find it... Ah... oh pooh. :( I can't find it. I am way off by the name I am sure... but it is a classic where the gal loves two guys and one dies because he wants to do the trapeze act without te net. Eh...

Oh and Big Top PeeWee is still one of my favourites!!!

One of my favorites: Lili. A charming 50s film with Leslie Caron as a lovestruck girl and Mel Ferrer as a puppeteer.

When I was a kid, Berserk seemed to be a late-show staple. I watched it every time it was on. Still can't figure how the killer got the tight rope to wrap around the equlibirist's neck like that.

Others that I haven't seen in some time are Fellini's 'Clowns' and a semi-docmunetary called 'Rings Around the World.'

Regards,

Senator Jack

Lord Jagged

New in Town
How about Warner Oland in Charlie Chan at the Circus - wonderful incidentals like the costumes and the "gorilla". I think its amazing that the studio rolled out four Charlie Chan movies in 1936 when they produced "at the Circus".

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
No love for Charlie Chaplin's "The Circus" (1928)?

I know it's considered one of his "lesser" films... but that's only because it had the misfortune to come between two mega-masterpieces, "The Gold Rush" and "City Lights"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot