Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic 30's armchair - Desperately needs new home!

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Faded, thread bare, and a few splits...

bells.jpg

I love it to bits, but there is no longer any room for it in or humble abode...:(

Free to a good home. Anyone fancy a restoration project? If not it'll have to go to armchair heaven... :eusa_booh

Hi Mike,

We're in two minds. We love the shape of the chair, it's exactly what we'll be buying when we buy a house next year. But would have it re-upholstered (don't think much of the current pattern). And we have no space. And no way of getting the thing to London.:(

Other than those minor details we'd have it in a shot. :cry:

bk

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Slightly off topic, but check out these guys down in Brighton -

http://www.artdeco-sofas.com/artdeco.html

Baron, I know exactly where you're coming from... Got a pair of these 10 years ago from a local tip, £5 each. Since then they've never really fitted in our little '20's terrace house, usually shoehorned in a corner but never looking 'right'. Really belong in a bigger '30's semi or detached. Desperately holding on to the better of the two even though it looks a little out of place...

Mike1973

A-List Customer
Eyemo said:
Is it still available?..:)

Yep. Not sure for how long though... I was sat in it this morning waking up with a cup of tea and a good book, but it's plonked right in the middle of an already small room! Having to shuffle around it is obviously starting to get a bit tiresome! lol
Where abouts in Wales are you?

When I get home tonight I'll take better pictures of the wear and tear. It's structurally sound, but needs upholstering to be presentable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo