Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Leather jacket for sale

Spencer

New in Town
This was my dad's jacket. I do not like the style on me so am offering it up for sale. This is from Leather Warehouse, a size 42. And as you can see on the tag it is real leather with a nylon taffeta lining. Color is......burgundy? Red wine?? Merlot??

I took the pictures outside so to best show off the color.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Let's start at $175 shipping included. I am located in upstate NY

Thanks for looking
Rob
YgiUL9i.jpg

Hg0T34a.jpg

a6PjI7q.jpg

2Kg1rwn.jpg

Does anyone have any interest in this jacket at all??
My input for what it is worth. I have picked up numerous jackets on Ebay similar in style; deer leather, cow hide and horsehide. All great jackets in great shape with high quality leather. I have paid on average $60 for each of them. It seems that the 'car coat' style just does not have many followers these days. Try Ebay and get what you can or donate to your local good will store?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My input for what it is worth. I have picked up numerous jackets on Ebay similar in style; deer leather, cow hide and horsehide. All great jackets in great shape with high quality leather. I have paid on average $60 for each of them. It seems that the 'car coat' style just does not have many followers these days. Try Ebay and get what you can or donate to your local good will store?

Horsehide??? For a fight club jacket? I didn’t know they still use horsehide in the 70s. I thought they all switched to “angel hide” ;) I like this style though, very gangster of New York

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horsehide??? For a fight club jacket? I didn’t know they still use horsehide in the 70s. I thought they all switched to “angel hide” ;) I like this style though, very gangster of New York

Yes, I am really partial to the style. Perhaps because I am so old that they were in style back in the day but I couldn't afford them. Now that I can afford them they are sooo out of style as to be dirt cheap. I was surprised to be able to pick them up so cheaply. I think the horsehide car coat I had was more from the mid 1980's. Beautiful coat but a little too small. Could not find a buyer for it and ended up giving it to Goodwill. Some homeless guy likely got a score.

regius

If you could get a chance to show me some
Example of 80s horsehide reefer jacket/Carco at, I’d love to check them
Out. Of this style I have two such jackets, both are from Jonathan Logan, maker of the Jack Bauer jacket, big collar, wide top stitching, has a sponge sandwiched & shoulder padding, really
Cool

regius

Agreed with Corky, this type of jacket are very common in NY thrift stores like L Train vintage, $15-$20 range

Out. Of this style I have two such jackets, both are from Jonathan Logan, maker of the Jack Bauer jacket, big collar, wide top stitching, has a sponge sandwiched & shoulder padding, really
Cool

Cool

I am down to two, a weirdly styled deer hide and a suede/nubuck. Goodwill got the rest.

Well, if anyone wants it for $50 shipped, let me know. Otherwise I'll give it to a guy I work with. Im pretty sure he would like it.

That's exactly what I wanted to recommend you do as I'm sure it's not a bad jacket at all but just not something much people on TFL would care for. It'd make a nice gift. Perhaps you could move it on eBay but not for much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot