Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic Style Mag on Newstands?

S

Samsa

I have seen both editions of Classic Style on newstands at two different Barnes and Noble stores. Unfortunately they are stacked (at least in these two stores) rather close the stag magazines. At the first store I checked it was so well hidden that I missed it on my first pass, and needed to get the assistance of an employee.

As to Borders, my understanding is that MK has an exlusive deal with Barnes and Noble, so that's the only place you will find it on the shelf.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I always help my fellow customers by placing issues of Classic Style on top of magazines like GQ and Details on the front row. It's the least I can do for other classic stylists. ;)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
MK said:
We are in all 700 B&N stores and currently we are about a third of the Border's. We have an agreement with B&N for issue #3 to be front and center. It should be easily found by all.

I looked for it at the B&N across the street from my office on Tuesday. I had to hunt (literally moving magazines aside) to find it. I located it in the last row of the second tier down of magazines. The only way anyone would find it was by crouching down and looking up by the blinding display rack. I did a bit of artful "rearranging" to bring it more out into the open, but I was disappointed by their initial arrangement.

StanleyVanBuren

I discovered Issue #1 at a Barnes and Noble in the Topanga mall in Woodland Hills last January. I happened to be passing through to pick up a couple guidebooks on London for my trip there with my dad in February (I know where to go for all the stuff I like in London, but with my dad I needed to brush up on some of the more historical and touristy things).

I took a quick look at the magazine rack to see if the latest issue of GQ was out. I seem to always get mine a few days late. I panned down and noticed issue #1 of Classic Style and thought "Hmm, this may be more to my liking anyway."

My only apprehension was that I wasn't initially sure what was meant by "Classic Style." I worried it might just be some trad thing full of J. Press and golf tips. But after flipping through a few pages, seeing what it was really about (and noticing that Glenn O'Brien was a contributor -- a name I recognized from GQ), I was sold.

And I've been addicted ever since.

So... issue 3, yeah? Can't wait!

(the point to this whole story is that Issue 1 was prominently placed well-enough that a total casual observer such as myself would pick up on it as I did).

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I saw issue two at Barnes and Noble in West Covina on Sunday. Barely saw the top third of the "E" in "Style." But I recognized it. I didn't pick it up, though, because I ordered both issues from the Classic Style website on Wednesday. :D

Lee

Jovan

Suspended
I snapped up #2 at Barnes & Noble near me. Loved it.

The only criticism I have (and this was brought up by my friend) is that the models didn't look too at home or comfortable wearing what they were for some reason. It's hard to put my finger on it.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
I was able to obtain issue 2 at my local B&N near the men's section. Unfortunately - like others before me - I had to ask an employee for assistance. I had my younger siblings with me and I didn't think it would have been appropriate for me to be digging near the stag section as my siblings watched. :)

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
Found issue # 2 at B & N last month. It was in the Mens section next to GQ

Next day called and got my 1 year subscription and joined the lounge.

Jovan

Suspended
TommySalieri said:
I was able to obtain issue 2 at my local B&N near the men's section. Unfortunately - like others before me - I had to ask an employee for assistance. I had my younger siblings with me and I didn't think it would have been appropriate for me to be digging near the stag section as my siblings watched. :)
Hopefully not getting political here, but in my experiences with young children seeing the covers of such magazines, they either don't know what they are or take no notice. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran