Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Closing in on 10,000 members

WH1

Practically Family
Wow, amazing to think the Fedora Lounge will hit 10,000 members in the very near future. Congratulations to MK and all the bartenders on making this site the success that it is.:eusa_clap

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Recently I've noticed there are usually more visitors than members on line! Is this a trend? Or is it more the norm. If we're not all that active, at least the Lounge is popular!

WildCelt

One of the Regulars
Then there are those of us who active in that we read the posts quite often but post infrequently. I post when I feel I have something to contribute, but my knowledge base is limited, so I tend listen more than talk.

Foofoogal

Banned
One can read most of the board without signing in. You do need to sign in for the OB though or to comment on a thread. I don't always sign in but mostly I do.

WH1

Practically Family
Harp said:
"Drop and give me a hundred." ;)

Harp,
you have to remember I am a Marine I can only count to 10 unless I lose the boots. So can I do 10 sets of 10 instead of a hundred.

However even as I type I am completing my 100th 16 ounce curl and whew am I tired;)

Harp

I'll Lock Up
WH1 said:
Harp,
you have to remember I am a Marine I can only count to 10 unless I lose the boots. So can I do 10 sets of 10 instead of a hundred.

However even as I type I am completing my 100th 16 ounce curl and whew am I tired;)

On second thought, just grab a brew and stand-at-ease. ;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
A while ago I crunched the numbers on a couple other forums I frequent (FL posting stats are not made public) and found that over 90% of the total posts were made by fewer than 10% of the members. Over 50% of the membership had 10 posts or less.

Foofoogal

Banned
And you also have registered users who lurk, but you might never know they're there until they post if they've turned on "Invisible Mode" in their user options, as I do occasionally...

hmm. never knew that this could be done.

A while ago I crunched the numbers on a couple other forums I frequent (FL posting stats are not made public) and found that over 90% of the total posts were made by fewer than 10% of the members. Over 50% of the membership had 10 posts or less.

oops. I was always one of those people that was the first one on the dance floor. I had to of course usually drag my partner..
Life is way too short. lol

tip for the day or year or lifetime: never do business with family if you can help it. I knew better but I did. Ouch..

Easy, FFG: When you click "User CP", then "Edit Options", toward the top of the page is a check-box for "Use Invisible Mode"--if you're not using it, there's a little green "light" at the bottom of the user-ID sidebar on your posts telling us if you're online. Turn it on, and that "light's" always off whether you're here or not--and that littlew last line of my sig tells you if I'm using that option or not.

----------------
Now playing: Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
via FoxyTunes

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Wow! Looks like we did it. Must have been either Nov 28 or early on Nov 29. Onward and upward. 10,000 members and counting! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

WH1

Practically Family
WideBrimm said:
Wow! Looks like we did it. Must have been either Nov 28 or early on Nov 29. Onward and upward. 10,000 members and counting! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'LL DRINK TO THAT:beer: ...of course I will drink to almost anything if it is after noon:cheers1: BUT STILL WHAT AN AUSPICOUS OCCAISION!:eusa_clap

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit