Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clothing combinations?

Denazler

New in Town
Hay guys. I have a white suit that I usually wear with some light color shirt and white shoes. I was thinking of changing the colors a little bit by wearing it with a black shirt with silver cufflinks (rectangle, shiny with nothing special on them) black shoes and black belt with silver belt buckle. How do you find this combination? Is silver a good match with black and white?

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
In my opinion the whole combination will work (especially the silver) but if you wear it without a tie it risks looking a bit "costumey" like you should be at a 70s disco themed event. Considering how versatile white is you could wear your white suit with a blue, grey or red shirt (or indeed most colours except white).

dustyjohnson10

New in Town
I think you should only try black shirt and shoes for this white suit. and silver cufflinks will also look quite stylish. but black black and other black stuffs won't go with this suit.

Edward

Bartender
IMO, completely black shoes would look a bit much against white trousers... I'd stick with white, or b/white (or b/brown, depending what else you choose to pair the suit with) co-respondents. And definitely wear a tie with the black shirt, unless you want to be called John Travolta all the time. Maybe even a cravat? A white cravat would be viable with the black shirt, but I'd avoid a plain white four in hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo