Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cockpit jackets

OilRigger006.jpg

OilRigger005.jpg

OilRigger002.jpg

OilRigger001.jpg

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
@Butte, Thanks. I have an Aero "Hercules" - Heavy Front Quarter Horsehide in brown with a brown removable fur collar on order (from Scotland). Can't wait. From what you and others have said, it should be a big step up from the Cockpit.

Congrats. You will find FQHH more of a beast to break, but once done, you'll love it.
The Cockpit are nice too. Probably one of the better OTR jackets and good hides.

dmdmorris

One of the Regulars
Butte, any suggestions on breaking in the Aero FQHH, I've heard all sorts of weird suggestions. What's your opinion?

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
I was recently in the market for a new A2 and couldn´t decide between the WWII-look and the modern looking A2´s. In the end I went for the Cockpit 21st. Century A2 and now I am quite happy about my decision. The goat skin is much lighter to wear and the roomier fit is especially convenient when I sit in the car. Even the warming pockets work for me and I NEED the inside pockets. It´s my everyday jacket and I think a true repro wouldn´t have worked for that. The Price (here in Germany) was also much cheaper than for the repros.

Frank

Butte, any suggestions on breaking in the Aero FQHH, I've heard all sorts of weird suggestions. What's your opinion?
Wear it in all weather. Wet it with a spray bottle or the shower using hot water. Wear it. Don't soak it all the way. Just enough to get it wet. I've even put it in the clothes dryer for ~10 mins at a time, wear it, then repeat. I'll never wash one like some do, and don't put any leather care crap on it. Leave it alone for some years to come before using anything. That part was hard, but the experts knew better and they were right. Sleep in it. Or at least wear it inside when you can. Just don't baby it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael