Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cockpit USA Flying Tigers A-2 Jacket

Drewdog2323

One of the Regulars
Anyone have any experience with this A-2? I was thinking about pulling the trigger on this eventually, but not so sure about the fit and quality of their HH offerings. I currently have their USAF Modern A-2 in a size 42, but I think I will be selling that one soon as it fits too baggy and likely need a size 40 in that.

I'm 6'2", 185lbs, 42" chest, broad shouldered. I normally do best in leather jackets that have a 19.5-20.0" shoulder width, 27" sleeves, 23-23.5" P2P, and 25.5-26" back length from bottom of collar to bottom of jacket.

Thanks for any insights!

https://www.cockpitusa.com/heritage-collection/flying-tigers-23rd-fighter-group-jacket

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi Drewdog!
I have the WWII Government Issue A-2 Jacket (Long) in mahogany.
https://www.cockpitusa.com/men/a-2-flight-jackets/wwii-government-issue-a-2-jacket-long
So, I am 5'10, 39-40" chest, approx 158 pounds, usually wear a 40 long in high end A-2 repro.
My Cockpit is a 36 LONG!!!! It has 18.5" shoulder, 21.5" pit to pit, 25" back length.
Fits me well, could do with even more length, but got it secondhand and its fine. I will soon do a pics and review post, when I get the jacket back.
I sent it off to have knit, lining replaced and a blood chit sewn on.
The Cockpit A-2s are good jackets, well made, not patterned after any WW2 contract, generic Cockpit pattern. Weird sizing... Short body, longer sleeves, wide shoulders.
That said, based on your measurements, I'd think a 40 could work.
I was looking at the same jacket a while back, they have a washed horse version of this pattern.
But... TBH for $700 to $820, I'd consider putting the cash into an ELC or something. Even have them tweak the measurements to your spec.

Drewdog2323

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the information @Brettafett

So wierd regarding the Cockpit sizing! Good to know their HH offering is good. I think an A-2 jacket like this will be on my list for next year, so it will give me time to think about what route I want to go. In the meantime, I am about to pull the trigger on the 100 Mission G-1 jacket with their current sale. I am ordering two size 44s so I can see which variation will fit me best.

After the 100 Mission jacket, the last two jackets on my to get list is the Ticonderoga G-1 and a Flying Tigers A-2 HH (Cockpit or non-Cockpit). Trying to keep it to 2 jackets a year, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy