Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cocktail party crashing and using Golden Era charms to get by...

CharlesB

Suspended
This came up on a date last night actually.

We were at a medical museum and upstairs was a huge posh surgeons society gala type deal. Being curious I decided to check it out. I am neither posh nor a surgeon so obviously I wasn't invited.

My date said we can't go up there we'd get found out.

I quickly explained to her that as long as you talk like Jimmy Stewart and joke like Dean Martin then you'll fit right in.

So I had her put my arm in hers, we strolled up and immediately were given champaign. One of the gents in the next room asked me who I was and what I did...I explained that "I'm Doctor Smith...this is my associate Ms Davies. It's a delight" he asked what I did and I told him "well im a doctor of this and a doctor of that, mainly I'm a collector of HMO pay outs" with a wink

a good laugh and a toast to good health and no one was none the wiser.

--------------------------
She asked if I do that a lot ( I do) and couldnt figure out how someone could just slip in like that...

Is anybody else a fan of gala gate crashing, and if so what sorts of charms, golden OR modern era manners of wit and foil do you use and what your cover story has been?

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Recently walked into a movie premiere in Hollywood at the Egyptian. i was with a date at the time. They had plenty of security outside... talked for a bit then asked if they had an open bar and talked some more, then asked if we could go in, and we did.

I think it was our attire and they liked us.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Funny you should mention this type of behavior because actor George Hamilton is shopping a new reality show called "Don't Mind If I Do." The premise is he is challenged by contestants to go anywhere and do anything without an invitation or paying anything - all he can do is BE George Hamilton. He has to rely on his wit, charm, snappy patter and - of course - his tan. No word on if it has been picked up as a series for next year yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany