Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cold War Era Russian Sub Sank

RIOT

Practically Family
The Russian sub, located in Providence, Rhode Island, sank yesterday afternoon. Reports indicate that she was taking on water during the recent Nor'easter and had finally slipped below the waves.

Here is a link to the web site. Info on the sub's history can be found there as well.

http://www.juliett484.org/juliett/index.html

RIOT

Practically Family
From the BostonHerald.com

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - An old Soviet submarine now used as a floating museum sank and was completely submerged in the Providence River after being battered by a powerful nor’easter earlier this week.
All that can be seen of K-77 now is 2 feet of its periscope. Workers said it could be months before it’s open again. Launched in 1965, K-77 was a diesel-powered nuclear missile sub. It was used in the 1990s as a restaurant in Finland, and as a set for the movie “K-19: The Widowmaker.”

Johnnysan

One Too Many
OUCH...

pineapple2.jpg

MPicciotto

Practically Family
I hadn't realized that it sank....

...Until I read the article about raising her!!! A few years back I got to go on a tour of the submarine. Very cool. Somewhere around here I have a souvenir deck plan poster...

Matt

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
I am imaging a crew of 6 year olds standing around a 100+ foot submarine.

"Wow mommy, it's bigger than the one at home!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy