Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Collection

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
I finally got time to re-shoot all my hats and get them uploaded. Naturally it was overcast out that day so the pics may be a little dark. As for the collection, this is pretty much it for me. I've got plenty and with the high prices they command on Ebay these days, I think it's time to call it quits. Some of them I don't even wear because they don't match a darn thing I wear to work, or they are too heavy for the mild Florida winters. And no, I won't be selling them even though I just bought a house that will nickel and dime me to death LOL :p OK Enjoy and comments welcome! :cheers1:
http://public.fotki.com/formerblueangel/felt_fedoras/

Dusty

WEEGEE

Practically Family
KICK A## HATS

EXCELLENT MILLINERIAN OF HATS!!!

Millinerian ? what is the proper word as in a grouping...like a murder of crows???

How old is the Knox???

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Not sure about the proper word for it! LOL

WEEGEE said:
EXCELLENT MILLINERIAN OF HATS!!!

Millinerian ? what is the proper word as in a grouping...like a murder of crows???

How old is the Knox???

Not sure of it's age but I'd say 40's because of the brim size. All my stuff is wide brimmed to suit my chubby face LOL
Dusty

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
CongratS!

Did you buy any of these new (Other than I would guess the Akubra and the Peters Brothers) or are they all Vintage? Superb Collection, they would all look great displayed in some type of museum case with just the right lighting. Any favoritism? Conditional wear?

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
John in Covina said:
Did you buy any of these new (Other than I would guess the Akubra and the Peters Brothers) or are they all Vintage? Superb Collection, they would all look great displayed in some type of museum case with just the right lighting. Any favoritism? Conditional wear?
I bought the Akubra used off of Ebay from someone on COW. He had the ribbon replaced by Barron hats of all people and I think it looks great compared to the stock ribbon/bow that comes on the regular Fed. The Peters Brothers of course was bought new. All the others are Vintage which I've been getting off of Ebay since around 2002. If I kept every hat I ever had, I'd probably have around 50 or so, but that's too many. AS for favorites, the Lee looks great on me as does the Akubra. My all time favorite is the Tan Stratoliner. It's very lightweight and with the mild winters here, it sees the most wear of the bunch. None of the Grays see much wear as I wear mainly earth tones to work.
Dusty

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Very nice indeed Dusty, a collection to be envied by the rest of us hataholics to be sure. I wouldn't sell them either, you never know when you could move back up north where you would wear them more often.

fedoralover

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Very true!

fedoralover said:
Very nice indeed Dusty, a collection to be envied by the rest of us hataholics to be sure. I wouldn't sell them either, you never know when you could move back up north where you would wear them more often.

fedoralover
I'd like to go back to Vegas though, but in my Civil Service Contracting Career Field with the Air Force, a tour at Wright-Pat in Dayton is always in the cards for promotion! That would give me PLENTY of winter to wear them all. I got one for darn near everyday of the month LOL :eek:
Dusty

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Beautiful collection

That is the nicest set of hats I have ever seen all at one time! You are the envy of many of us here especially knowing what it would cost to duplicate the set at today's prices.

I don't blame you for hanging it up, you won't do any better today.

jeboat:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Thanks for shooting the linings too!

In fact, could I urge all of us Lounge Lizards to include photos of the linings when we strut our stuff. Sure, it's a bit like judging a book by its cover, but (for me, anyway) that flash of white silk and the endless variety of trade art (much of it "period") is a significant part of the overall hat-wearing experience.

And yes, it's a great collection, Dusty!

Sardou

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav