Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

College life 1914 - 1985

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Stumbled onto this link about the Psi Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity of the University of Wisconsin, Madison.

I was never a frat guy, but I found it a hoot. You might as well. Not strictly Golden Era as there are some post WWII pics in it, but nevertheless, how 'bout them raccoon coats? Bees knees aren't they?

An Illustrated History of Theta Chi

Mark

Flivver

Practically Family
Great pictures...thank you for posting this.

I collect high school and college yearbooks and scrapbooks from the 1920s to the 1950s. I think I'm trying to make up for not having the wonderful college experience my dad enjoyed in the late 1930s.

When I went to college in the 1970s, most of the traditional "Joe College" stuff had disappeared.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab

lillielil

Familiar Face
imoldfashioned said:
I went to Mount Holyoke and that's the first thing they drilled into us too--it's not a girl's school it's a women's college.

What a great clip! I loved seeing all the different coats. I was trying to identify the locations, was that Neilson Library in one of the shots?

Yay 7 Sisters!

It looked like mostly John M Greene hall (the one with the dark columns) and Emmerson House (in the quad). I think there was a brief shot of the front steps of Neilson, but I'm not 100% sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80