Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Condolences to John Chapman (Good Wear)...

HD, I am so deeply, sincerely sorry... Nothing in this world is worse. Different, but worse... I'm really sorry. Please, stay well.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Very sad news. I have never talked to John before, but he has influenced me with some of his posts and has been important to others that I have bought jackets from, which shows just how far-reaching his influence is. I wish him all this best in this sad time.

The same goes for Hoosier,
My best wishes and prayers go out to you. I am nearing my own wedding and can't imagine going what you are going through.

Graemsay

Practically Family
@HoosierDaddy I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I hope that you're keeping OK there, but know it's going to take a while.

I dropped JC an email a couple of days ago. My father looked after my mother towards the end of her illness, and he found that to be a tremendous strain. It can't have been an easy time before for him. :(

HPA Rep

Vendor
I humbly extend my most sincere condolences to John Chapman and HoosierDaddy. I am also feeling this same sort of incredible grief they must be enduring. It is a terrible irony to mention that my best friend, my beloved mother, passed away unnecessarily Nov. 7, 2016. I wish you both the same peace I am trying to find right now.

Last edited:
I'm currently dealing with aging parents, and lost my best friend of 30 years a few weeks back. Went to UK to go to his funeral, etc. and in true Limey fashion, it was a fantastic trip - one of celebration, yet filled with tears. While we all enjoy our jackets and other gear, I also see this place as one filled with friends - most of whom I'll never have the privilege to meet in person.
To all that have suffered losses, I offer my best. Life has a way of sneaking up on us and I certainly wasn't really prepared for this.

HPA Rep

Vendor
I'm currently dealing with aging parents, and lost my best friend of 30 years a few weeks back. Went to UK to go to his funeral, etc. and in true Limey fashion, it was a fantastic trip - one of celebration, yet filled with tears. While we all enjoy our jackets and other gear, I also see this place as one filled with friends - most of whom I'll never have the privilege to meet in person.
To all that have suffered losses, I offer my best. Life has a way of sneaking up on us and I certainly wasn't really prepared for this.

Please accept my genuine condolences for the loss of one so close, and likely far too young. I've gone through this too many times now, and even when I think it could likely happen and I try to prepare for such a fate, no preparation will ever be sufficient to mitigate the shock, grief, and total void we're left to feel and ponder. Each loss brings vision, introspection, analysis of my worth, and an opportunity for self-improvement that cannot be ignored. We dance for but a mercurial moment in the totality of our lives and only we can choose a better life as better people.

I hope all of us here who are grieving right now, and all who will grieve next week and next month, will find inner peace and a way to move themselves to a richer life of abundant meaning with fewer regrets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21