Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CONTEST: WOMEN ONLY: TRIPLE THE FUN - Free Hats!!!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CONTEST: WOMEN ONLY: TRIPLE THE FUN - Free Hats!!!

I have available THREE modern hats FREE for the taking - are you going to be a winner?

free_hat_trio1.JPG

The theme of this contest is TRIPLE THE FUN! Since I am offering three hats, the contest is TRIPLES: THREE of something! ;)

This contest is for WOMEN ONLY. NO MEN - This contest is just for you Dames!

free_hat_trio2.JPG

What is required?

ANYTHING to do with the Golden Age:
  • A picture of yourself wearing three hats
  • A picture of yourself and two friends in a photo wearing vintage clothing
  • A graphic collage of three important heroes during the Golden Era
  • A tribute to the golden age, sung by your musical trio and posted
  • A written article about three famous female musicians during the era
If it's not obvious, please point out how your entry qualifies for this TRIPLE THE FUN contest!

You can post ANYTHING to do with the Golden Age, but it cannot be previously used for professional purposes. For example, if you are a professional photographer, you cannot use the photograph of three veteran World War II Nurses published in a magazine that you were paid for, but you can post another picture from the same day that didn't make it into print. This is to ensure that amateurs and professionals have an equal chance at the prizes.

free_hat_trio3.JPG

What do you win?
First place winner gets first choice of a hat
Second place winner gets second choice of a hat
Third place winner gets the remaining hat, which of course, was the coolest hat anyway.

free_hat_trio4.JPG

Due date: April 13, 2008

Judges:

*Vintage Betty

*KilroyCD

*A male judge :eek:

About these hats: All hats are used, and can be cleaned by the winners.

If you have questions, please post to this thread, do not PM me, as my mailbox is almost full.

About these contests and giveaways:
Vintage Betty is NOT part of the Staff of the Fedora Lounge or even a Volunteer Bartender keeping things in order. She is just simply a long-time collector who wants to share goodies with you, in the hope you like them. She very much appreciates confirmations when the goodies get to the gift recipient. Please no resellers, these items are for your own use. Anyone may enter at no charge from anywhere in the world, unless otherwise posted.

Vintage Betty

I am pleased to announce that KilroyCD has agreed to be a Judge for this contest! :D

According to his profile, he will gladly take bribes for this contest of bird-related items, chocolate, aviation and equine related items, vintage bikes, antique travel items, and Hats in size: 7 5/8.

Ladies take note!

Thank you KilroyCD for stepping forward to be a Judge in the LADIES TRIPLE THE FUN Contest! :eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Thank you Vintage Betty, for the great introduction. I'm honoured to be one of the judges for your contest. Ladies, what Vintage Betty said about bribes is absolutely not true. Chocolate will not be considered as a valid bribe as I'm on a diet! lol
I know we have a lot of very creative and talented people here on the Lounge, so let's see your entries!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Bump

Well, I'm surprised! We're into the third day and not a single entry yet! I know there are a lot of creative members out there, so let's see your entries! (Please?) :)

Vintage Betty

Our second Judge is announced!

Our second Judge is announced!

I am pleased to announce our second Judge, the esteemed Mr. Douglas!

He can be bribed with a kind word and a warm smile. With that said, hats, canes, ties and the like are never a bad idea. Quality over quantity is his motto.

Thank you Mr. Douglas for stepping forward!

Vintage Betty

DOUGLAS

Thank you very much Vintage Betty for the invitation. I will judge well. Now Ladies, let the games begin.

DOUGLAS

Come on now ladies,FREE hats. That is too good an offer to pass up.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Okay, I'll play. I don't know if these fit all the criteria, but here ya go. Me and the girls just havin' some fun...

Lancasterphotos2007090.jpg

Gibsland_Trip_047.jpg

KilroyCD

One Too Many
Good Lord, with all those guns it looks like one of my family get togethers! :eek: Just kidding... lol
Nice photos, Texasgirl! To make sure your entry fits the criteria, may I ask if one of the delightful ladies in the photos is you?

Vintage Betty

texasgirl said:
Okay, I'll play. I don't know if these fit all the criteria, but here ya go. Me and the girls just havin' some fun...

Lancasterphotos2007090.jpg

Gibsland_Trip_047.jpg

They are perfect! Three lovely ladies! :eusa_clap

Thanks for entering!

Vintage Betty

DOUGLAS

Bravo, Texasgirl! Now thats something to look at. Lovely ladies and large caliber weapons, I love it.

Vintage Betty

retrogirl1941 said:
I cannot technically enter b/c I have waaayyyyy.... too much sway with a certian judge(hi there kilroy!). But I thought I would put up one for the eyes to look over.

WWII_Weekend_2007_0761.jpg

Samantha

Too bad! You posted, you're entered! :D And I know a certain judge (who will not be named) will be fair to everyone. Plus I try to choose odd-numbered judges so there is never a tie if possible.

Where's our other entries, ladies?? :fing28:

FREE HATS AVAILABLE!!!

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo