Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cost Of A Haircut

FATS88

One of the Regulars
Rereading my posts regarding hair cuts got me to thinking
about what are you guys paying for your
haircuts, and how often do you allow yourselves this
necessary therapy? (Or wives/ladiefriends allow/demand)

I go every two weeks, sometimes every three,
and pay $25.00 w/tip.
includes straight razor trim around ears and neck.

Fats

kools

Practically Family
I go see Louis The Barber about once every 3 weeks. $10 including tip. Every now and then I give him an extra $10 just to let him know he's appreciated.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I go Monday night every three weeks to Dellaria Salon in Brookline where my friend Shells works. She is a vintage enthusiast and knows exactly what I want. I highly recommend her, by the way, if you're anywhere near Boston.

I pay $29 and give a $10 tip plus $5 to the wash girl.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I go to the barber shop once a month, get my hair buzzed on top and shaved on the sides ("high and tight, with sidewalls"). I pay $10 (which includes tip).

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
My hair is always pretty wild and I like it that way. Hat head you know. I go infrequently and 12 + 3 tip is typical for me.

donCarlos

Practically Family
$4,50, tip included.

It´s probably the cheapest option in Prague and it´s near where I live. No reason to go elsewhere :)

ABrew

New in Town
hair cuts what are those?

I have always hated hair cuts so much I stopped getting them. I think it has been a good year sense my last visit for a trim and before that hmmm lets see I got it cut in the summer of 06 best as I can remember.

Mick

New in Town
ABrew said:
hair cuts what are those?

I have always hated hair cuts so much I stopped getting them. I think it has been a good year sense my last visit for a trim and before that hmmm lets see I got it cut in the summer of 06 best as I can remember.

I'm with ABrew.
I have actually lost track of the last time that I got my hair cut, but it has been at least ten years.

Inky

One Too Many
My hubby goes to to Frenchie the Barber as needed and pays $10 +tip for cut, facial hair trim, style (he wears a pomp) and massage in a cool beach-side vintage shop. For $6 to $8 he can get a shoe-shine too. I love going with him just to hang out.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Every three weeks -- $30 plus $5 tip.

Betty understands what I want more than any other barber I've ever used -- very close at the ears and the neck, but full higher on the sides and on top. She says the proper term for this cut is "English style."

I can't imagine most of the other barbers I've tried in recent years would recognize that term; they always tended to trim too closely on the sides for my taste. I'd love to pay less (I might go every two weeks if I did), but no one gets it but Betty.

DerMann

Practically Family
The same old, Dutch man has been cutting my hair since I moved to Texas.

$14 + $2 tip.

ortega76

Practically Family
I shave my head myself with clippers for the last few months.

Before that, it was the Depot Barbershop in Champaign every 2 weeks. $20 with tip including a straight razor along the neck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo