Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Cowboy hats" in Belgium, and history

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Thanks to this forum, I'm learning a lot about the subject of hats and felt that I would otherwise never have known. In the process, I've searched ebay and even bought one new and two vintage hats. All in the USA! I in fact bought a new Justin "by Milano" hat BEFORE consulting The Fedora Lounge and, because I bought two vintage ones, I might sell that new -superfluous- 6X hat locally.
So, I looked at the local vending sites. The only "cowboy" hats offered locally are useless cardboard-like mardi gras hats, at best wool felt, and several offers of scanty "cowgirl" tools of a particular art lol

On another subject, I am a bit surprised at the -relative- lack of "hard" historical knowledge of the history of that great company "J.B. Stetson & Co., Philadelphia". You might know, over here in Europe, absolutely everybody knows the word "Stetson", to the point that it is totally assimilated with the concept "western hat" (much like a "Kodak" used to be a still camera and a "Frigidaire" a refrigerator). There would seem to be a golden opportunity for research to be done by some motivated students...including in the field of "social history"... Were the archives destroyed??

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn