Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cummins Initial Machine, what's it worth?

Pardon me for supplying the cliche response, but that machine is worth whatever someone will pay you for it.

As I recall, I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred bucks for mine. And I'd gladly pay that much for another, just to have a backup. Take that for whatever it's worth. You may wish to track other sales on eBay to see what sort of interest those gizmos are gathering these days.

If you don't mind my asking, just how did this thing come into your possession?

mingo

New in Town
tonyb said:
Pardon me for supplying the cliche response, but that machine is worth whatever someone will pay you for it.

As I recall, I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of a hundred bucks for mine. And I'd gladly pay that much for another, just to have a backup. Take that for whatever it's worth. You may wish to track other sales on eBay to see what sort of interest those gizmos are gathering these days.

If you don't mind my asking, just how did this thing come into your possession?

Thanks guys! :thumb

I used to collect antique telephones and this thing came up. I've had it for 20 years or so, all along I thought it was a banking instrument for checks, it wasn't until recently when I googled it that I learned what it's for.

I might try to sell it locally one day, because it's very heavy and would cost a lot to ship.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
mingo said:

I used to collect antique telephones and this thing came up. I've had it for 20 years or so, all along I thought it was a banking instrument for checks, it wasn't until recently when I googled it that I learned what it's for.

lol

Take no offense to my laughter. Your story is a common scenario in the collectibles business. You might actually get a reasonable offer from somebody around here.

Thanks for showing up, mingo, and welcome!

You may be overestimating the shipping costs, mingo. Can't say that I'm particularly familiar with shipping from your fair land to mine, but I've paid for shipping on lots of fairly heavy stuff (including an initial-perforating machine like yours) and the costs never seemed excessive to me. They certainly weren't so high as to make me reconsider the purchase.

Upshot is, I'm confident someone here would pay a reasonable price for your machine, and the cost of shipping. Should you opt to sell it on eBay, please know you are allowed to post links to your own auction in the Fedora Lounge classifieds. I believe you have to get your post count up to some fairly low level before you're allowed that privilege, but this is the place to find people who might have interest in such an item. Couldn't hurt, you know?

Good luck!

mingo

New in Town
tonyb, I'm heading to NY state on the weekend, so I thought I'd sell my Cummins machine and ship it from there by USPS. Before posting in the Classifieds, I thought I'd give you the right of first refusal. You may reach me at advhotel at gmail dot com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats