Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Curing tongs/ Irons

Ales Rider

New in Town
Hi Everyone,

Just to say I picked up a set of curling tongs / irons from Superdrug yesterday which are dirt cheap at the moment (£5). Just a basic set but they have 2 heat settings and a hot brush and an integrated stand. Not bad for the price. My hair is a real pain to style owing to it being very fine (hair shaft wise) but theres a lot of it and i have a fair amount of wave in it. But these irons seemed to do a fair job of giving me an extra bit of wave where i needed it. Will stand me in good stead as a quick fix when i don't have time to set it i think.

Also, do you guys have any suggestions of a good setting lotion or technique to stop the curls from irons dropping out so quickly?

Thanks

Ales xx

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Just use the same setting lotion you'd use when doing a roller set. I tend to not use curling irons because my hair is bleached and heat is BAD, but I've curled it with Lottabody and an iron before, with fine results. You may want to consider using a heat protection spray though.

Ales Rider

New in Town
thanks for the suggestions.

I've heard loads of people raving about the lottabody setting lotion. does anyone know of anywhere in the UK its available? even websites?

Sunny

One Too Many
KittyT said:
Just use the same setting lotion you'd use when doing a roller set. I tend to not use curling irons because my hair is bleached and heat is BAD, but I've curled it with Lottabody and an iron before, with fine results. You may want to consider using a heat protection spray though.
Kitty, can you (or anyone else) recommend a heat protection spray? My hair is long and very healthy, all except the ends which get thin and split. I use the curling iron on my hair only once every 3-4 days, but it's enough to really damage the ends. I saw one product, but it's intended to be used on wet hair. I always air dry my hair, and use the curling iron on it dry. Is there anything for dry hair I can use to protect my ends?

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
flexible hold hairspray maybe?
and I agree, heat protecting spray is great. I wish I'd known about it when i started flat-ironing my hair daily.:eusa_doh:

Anachronism

One of the Regulars
Sunny said:
Kitty, can you (or anyone else) recommend a heat protection spray? My hair is long and very healthy, all except the ends which get thin and split. I use the curling iron on my hair only once every 3-4 days, but it's enough to really damage the ends. I saw one product, but it's intended to be used on wet hair. I always air dry my hair, and use the curling iron on it dry. Is there anything for dry hair I can use to protect my ends?

Try Paul Mitchell Soft Style Heat Seal. Great line of haircare products, and they never test on animals! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot