Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CURRENT TRIPLE F.A.T. GOOSE PARKAS QUALITY ?

polocoat

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know the quality of the current line of Triple FAT Goose parkas compared to like down parkas of other manufacturers? Not sure I trust the Amazon reviews. Thanks

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Does anyone know the quality of the current line of Triple FAT Goose parkas compared to like down parkas of other manufacturers? Not sure I trust the Amazon reviews. Thanks

Your thread on this from last month asking this is here if you couldn't find it. I can see why you might have started a new one though as it seems nobody had a conclusive answer for you.

(I must admit I'd never head of the brand at all personally)

polocoat

One of the Regulars
Garbage quality btw.

Doctor Damage - My September 24 posting concerning Triple FAT Goose pertained to where they are made and where their materials come from, not their quality. If I was suppose to go back to my original posting and ask about quality there then, I wasn't aware of this. As far as being a "troll," that is absolutely untrue. Why be so quick to ask for sanctions against me when I have absolutely no history of being a "troll" ? A simple private inquiry to me would have answered your concerns.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
No offense and I wish you best of luck finding your perfect winter coat, but I think you're in the wrong forum. This place is dedicated to vintage and repro clothing of roughly the 20s-60s. Chinese made plastic jackets stuffed with animal cruelty belong here as little as into a PETA forum.

EDit; That being said, the era we are interested in here offers plenty of warm and stylish options for winter coats. If you ever become interested into any of these, you'll find all the help you need here.

Last edited:

polocoat

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the information. My main interest IS vintage classic long coats made of wool from the 1920s-1970s. My user name here is "Polocoat" and I've been interested in and owned them for many years. I also buy and wear the vintage clothes from when I was in high school 1957 - 1960 (Baracuta G9, Clarks Desert Boots, Randy boot shoes, authentic India madras shirts, and many vintage designer suits and tweed sport coats. Growing up when I did, I was lucky enough to still be able to find wonderful early classic clothes at a fantastic price. I have many "...perfect winter coats..." but wanted to try something different. I wasn't aware the Outerwear forum was not the correct place to post my question. Where in the Lounge should it be placed. Thanks for your help.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
polocoat,
I wonder if you wouldn't have more luck searching on a forum that is dedicated to mountaineering or backpacking gear. I spent a little time looking at such sites once when I wanted to learn more about thinsulate, primaloft, and other man made insulators. There is a wealth of knowledge out there and I'm sure you will find people who know everything there is to know about Triple F.A.T Goose as well as many other down jackets.

polocoat

One of the Regulars
polocoat,
I wonder if you wouldn't have more luck searching on a forum that is dedicated to mountaineering or backpacking gear. I spent a little time looking at such sites once when I wanted to learn more about thinsulate, primaloft, and other man made insulators. There is a wealth of knowledge out there and I'm sure you will find people who know everything there is to know about Triple F.A.T Goose as well as many other down jackets.

Great suggestion ! I will start my search now. Thanks very much for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran