Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Curtains?

Vera Godfrey

Practically Family
I wasn't sure where to put this, so if there is a better spot perhaps a bartender will move it.

In my kitchen (which I am redoing this summer...sort of), I have a large bay window. It takes five curtain panels to cover.

I was at a friend of my my husbands yesterday and fell in love with the curtains in his kitchen. He inherited his house and most of the furnishings from his grandmother. The curtains have been around so long they are yellowed in spots. No big deal. That's fixable. They are white, with a black and white checked border on the top and near the bottom. Also near the bottom are embroidered black "triangle" bowls with embroidered red apples. Beyond cute. Friend said I could have the curtains if I get replacements. No problem there.

The problem is, there are only three of them.

Should I take them and put them in the middle with no curtains on the sides?
Put them in the middle with coordinating panels on the sides?
Alternate them with coordinating panels?
Forget about them?

Thanks for any input!

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I would alternate them Left to Right, plain, print, plain, print(in the middle), plain, print, as I think otherwise it might just look like an afterthought having the two plain ones on the sides.

Since you have to get two others anyway, just try and see what you think looks best! And of course, show us when it's done. :)

W-D Forties

Practically Family
As they are essentially black, white and red, could you get matching checkerboard fabric for the top and bottom of replacement white panels and just not have the embriodered bits on those?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I love the idea of finding a checkerboard fabric and making something similar!

Otherwise i would do the 3 panels in the middle, and 2 coordinating panels on the ends. Maybe you could find a similar checkerboard fabric to make tiebacks or a valance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner