Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom leather patches

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
I can highly recommend Sean Collins for custom patch work. He has done a couple for me, both of which turned out very nice.
image.jpg image.jpg

Deacon211

One Too Many
These are not painted (the 5" patches), but made from individual pieces of cut and dyed leather. I think Sean is about the only person who does this.

I love that kind of work. I think the 3d effect really makes it stand out (no pun intended). ;)

Many years ago, I got my dad an A-2 with the Flying Tigers patch from The Cockpit that was beautifully made with individual pieces of leather.

Years later, my dad hand made the patch in my icon the same way when I couldn't find a good example of 211's WWII patch. It's not nearly as intricate as some of Sean's designs, but appropriate for the original insignia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Yes, Sean's patches are top notch. I have a couple of his creations. The only place where you can get 'better' layered leather patches is probably Custom King in Japan. But I doubt that they sell overseas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy