Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Pro MakeUp Cases

KAT

A-List Customer
So I am becoming a Make Up Artist and school starts on the 29th of March.
I was wondering if anybody knows a place where they sell custom made, maybe pinstriped, cool, unusual make-up cases, even wheeled travel cases for Make Up Artists?
Just want to find something that is unusual and different from the plain black and chrome looking ones?
All ideas and links welcome [huh] ;)
It should be a bigger one for all my supplies but i am also looking for the brush and tool belts, maybe there are cuter ones out there?
Thanks
KATHY

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Why don't you get a plain one and find someone to airbrush it for you? Or have a hot rodder pinstripe it for you?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Have you been to your local pro supply shop? They won't let you buy anything until you can provide paperwork from your school, but you can get a look of what they have. I've seen tool belts and brush holders in pretty colors. The one thing to be aware of, though, is schools will sometimes have rules about what color or brand your equipment can be. After graduating, will you be in a salon/spa or on your own? All the shops I've worked in either provided most of my equipment or had requirements for what they looked like, to ensure a professional look to the whole salon. However, I'm a stylist, not a make-up artist, so things may be different for you.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
You can get a plain one and cover it with stickers from your favorite bands! Like I do with my guitar cases.... or if you know how..you can decoupage images of anything you like!

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
pinstriped fabric and spray starch? (Though abstract patterns work the best with the method honestly. I like the airbrush answer a lot!) You can also swap the fabric out when you felt like if you starch it....

KAT

A-List Customer
Thank you ladies for the reply!
I am going to be a freelancer so Im sure I can use whatever I like!
I dont have rules from the school, their motto is :we teach and dont sell make up.
They recommended things but we dont have to buy what they recommended. So I can bring what I want BUT need.
I cannot sew so I have to find something.
I just thought anyone would know a place.
Thanks so much and if you come across some, please let me know!
KATHY

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
This place has pro cases, and some unusual patterns:
http://yazmo.com/

I'd check out model mayhem forums though first -- you may get some great organization ideas. For my performance kit, I actually ended up with a wide-mouth tool bag (!) and clear bags that could roll out flat due to the advice there.

Lollipop

Familiar Face
http://www.makeupcreations.com/professionalrollingcases.htm

They have some cool printed ones...Giraffe print, Leopard print...

Also, Just to add..If your ever looking for a make up line..."Your name" Cosmetics is pretty cool. You can brand youself on the Cosmetics and kinda make it your own...They also have everything from Skin care, to make up to brushes to the airbrushing and make up cases, and bags, and kits...

Here's the link: http://www.yournamepro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/B2BDirect/index.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails