Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

D-Day (Allied Invasion of Normandy) - June 6, 1944

byronic

One of the Regulars
I certainly will. In memory of my late friend who landed at Gold Beach and all the others of all nationalities.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I was just at a luncheon for a friend here in NY who was celebrating his 85th birthday on Saturday. He turned 19 the day before D-Day. He was in the process (shortly thereafter) of invading southern France, after having spent a pleasant interlude at Anzio. Quite a guy.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
My hat is off to all those fellows of the greatest generation who stormed the beaches on Normandy.

Chas

One Too Many
Here is a pretty well-done page on D-Day then and today. In English and Dutch.

One of the pages features a story I have never heard or read before, concerning a Sgt. Harris and crew of a Sherman Firefly of the 4th/7th Dragoon Guards at Lingèvres - five shots, five Panthers. Very impressive.

Hankh

Familiar Face
Just returned from a visit to Normandy.
nightpatrol.jpg

At Cauquigny (near La Fiere) we met a Veteran with his family and friends.
Earl J. Geoffrion T5 507 PIR, told about his experiences and about his comrades killed in action. He started crying and all of us had tears in our eyes. A special moment with some wonderful people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails