Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daily Finance on FIVE GUYS burgers

Story

I'll Lock Up
Five Guys Burgers and Fries may or may not be the "next McDonald's," a moniker frequently attached to whichever quick-service restaurant is the latest to grab customers' and pundits' attention. But according to ratings juggernaut Zagat, it is surely the next In-N-Out Burger. The Zagat survey results released Monday indicate the upstart chain has supplanted its cult-favorite predecessor in the Best Burger category, and in the process demonstrated a success worth emulating by the real McDonald's (MCD) and its fast-food peers.

See full article from DailyFinance: http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/company-news/five-guys-new-burger-masters/19595634/?icid=main|aim|dl4|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailyfinance.com%2Fstory%2Fcompany-news%2Ffive-guys-new-burger-masters%2F19595634%2F&icid=sphere_copyright

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Your link wasn't showing, here's the piece.

As for Five Guys, good burgers and fries but I just don't get the complimentary peanuts at the door. [huh]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Marc Chevalier said:
There's only one Five Guys Burgers in Los Angeles. Imagine what the lines must be like. I'll wait until they expand. (The branches, not the lines.)

Shake Shack is the current rage in Manhattan. Their first location in Madison Park had three block long lines. They've since opened three more stores and the lines are still huge at every location. You can check out the line on their Shake Cam.

BTW, their Shack-cago dog is the best hot dog in NYC.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
57plymouth said:
Five Guys is good, but it's expensive.
Five bucks for a burger is expensive!?! They cost twice as much at most of the restaurants in my hood.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
Five bucks for a burger is expensive!?! They cost twice as much at most of the restaurants in my hood.

Yeah, exactly so. The Five Guys I've had have been worth Mr Lincoln.

Ace Rimmer

One of the Regulars
The Five Guys in my neighborhood refuses to grill burgers to anything except "well done". Is this the case nationwide? I cannot see the appeal, but maybe it's just my local restaurant that enforces that policy!

CitizenGenet

Familiar Face
Kansas City has gotten several Five Guys restaurants in the past year. They're good for a big, greasy hamburger that will fill you up. The real attraction for me is the unlimited amount of toppings at no extra cost.

Their cajun-style fries don't really strike me as very cajun, unless their definition of the style is to heavily season each batch with standard grocery store spices.

dwebber18

One of the Regulars
Well its not just the burgers that bring the price up. When my wife and I go she gets a little burger, I get a regular burger, we share a small fry and 2 drinks and its about $18. Not bad, but maybe a little much for a burger, but its the same as other better burger places in town. We don't go there often but sometimes it really does hit the spot. I should also mention I don't do McD or Burger King or any

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
We have enjoyed 5 Guys from time to time, and they are definitely superior to Mickey D's. But you have to be in the mood for burgers and nothing else.

I mean, you don't visit KFC for pizza, so if 5 Guys only do burgers and do them well, and I want a minimalist real meat patty and fries, I think they're solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit