Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dancing with the stars meets TFL

I watch it faithfully, Ralph wore the hat well last night. There are fedoras used periodically in the dance routines, mostly for tangos and quicksteps. Most are stingier-brimmed, although
several seasons ago, someone did a quickstep with a Zoot suit getup with an extremely wide-brim fedora. Sometimes the celebrities or dance pros will wear them during rehearsals, again usually stingy brims.

fmw

One Too Many
You know you're getting old when you have no idea who the celebrities are.

Viper Man

Banned
If you need proof of just how absurd this country has become, all you need to do is tune into prime time TV. ;)

99% of what passes for entertainment in this country is pure crap and yet it still pulls in millions of viewers nightly. It's amazing to me how bad our tastes have become.

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Yes, genres change, meld, and blend. It used to be sitcoms, dramas, talk, and game shows. Then The Real World (MTV) came along and began the age of the 'reality show.' Now most of our programming is sort of a 'reality/game show,' as is DWtS.

R/G shows have two main types - pure competetion such as DWtS, and the type where making people feel like crap seems to be the main objective. American Idol went from the latter to the former with the exit of Simon Cowell at the end of last season. Talk shows had their bottom fo the barrel era with Maury Povich and Geraldo Rivera, and the main guy, that other clown whose name escapes me at the moment.

Regardless, R/G seems to be where most people find their version of hilarity and fascination these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy